Difference between ATV helmet & Motorcycle Helmet???

Started by Danny T, October 21, 2008, 01:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny T

Heyyyy everyone ???
Why does an ATV helmet have a open face where you have to wear goggles, and a Motorcycle helmet has a face shield.

My buddy wore a motorcycle helmet the other day while riding and he was spotless when we were done and my face was all dirty...

Peelz

Goggles will completely cover your eyes, safer that way. And a stronger chin area for if you hit the bars. Open face helmets are silly for offroading...period. The first time I ever rode at an offroad park I used my full-face bike helmet. But the shield constantly fogged up. that is what made the difference to me.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Gunz

When you watch the guys drag racing most of them are wearing the motorcycle helmet. ???

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Colorado700R

no visor and face screen equal better aerodynamics  :thumbs:

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Colorado700R

also becuase drag races have independent lanes, there's much less chance of taking a rock to the noggin, so a face shield will be fine.

Aaron

Bert

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on October 21, 2008, 01:38:25 PM
When you watch the guys drag racing most of them are wearing the motorcycle helmet. ???
NHRA rules have some stuff about fire safety & the helmet will not be open face & will have the fire rating - a 2000 or 5000 rating. Thats what I found locally anyways

kyledvor61

Quote from: Bert on October 21, 2008, 05:24:40 PM
Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on October 21, 2008, 01:38:25 PM
NHRA rules have some stuff about fire safety & the helmet will not be open face & will have the fire rating - a 2000 or 5000 rating. Thats what I found locally anyways
thats a rule by NHRA for all tracks, it goes for bikes, sleds, atvs etc.

Colorado700R