KDS new big and nasty head test by KBR

Started by KBR, October 20, 2008, 03:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KBR

We had the opportunity to do some dyno tests the other day.
The machine we were had the opportunity to test on was a 869 cc 11:1 compression Rocket Factory kit with a T-rex +1mm head, Megacycle X2 cam, KDS bored TB (47), Dynatek Fuel controller, RCI 650 injector, Dynatek Ignition (all runs done on curve 2 as it comes on the box), Monster Dual Drag pipes, and a Velocity Intake.
It made a baseline of 74 hp and 62 ft/lbs.
We pulled the head off and swapped it out for the new KDS race head. We put the same cam, rocker arms, even valve springs in the new head. The only thing we changed besides the actual head and valves was the throttle body and the intake boot (which had been port matched my Kenny at KDS to match the flow of the new head).
We immediately dyno tested it (the Raptor never left the dyno, straps were tight the whole time).
It made a base line of 79.9 hp and 62 ft/lbs.
I feel like it was a great improvement from an already good running head, at over 5 hp and no significant loss in tq with a full race head.
To give you guys some perspective on the numbers compared to something else....
Jade had his machine dynoed at Rocket Factory and made 82 and came here and tested it right after and made 72. This might be able to help make better comparisons to some of the larger build numbers from their dyno. We also had another customer who did something very similar and had similar numbers and results.
I want to take the opportunity to thank Jade and Kenny from KDS for their help and for trusting us to be the ones to test this head on our dyno and trusting us with their work. The opportunity is greatly appreciated. It means a lot to us to be in the position to do this for these guys.
Please leave the shop bashing and internet loyalty fighting stuff somewhere else.
Please see our other thread on the intake testing.

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.kbratv.com
Venom Performance
Hansen Performance
Packard Design Labs
Barker Performance
KDS
Hot Cam, Hot Rods, Cylinder Works
Crank Works
CP Pistons
K&T Performance
Adams Group
Sredrum Machining
Four Wheel Addiction
Marvin Shaw
JJ&A
Mod Quad
Web Cam
Megacycle Cams
Kibblewhite Valve Train Components
All brands OEM parts

RaptorRandy

kudos to all involved  :thumbs:   That's one hell of a nice gain....can't wait to see what that monster puts out with the new camshaft and a bump in compression  8)

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

SUB454

DIRECTDRIVE

Kenny

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Krandall

Damn. Kenny, you seem to have the secret recipe for these 700's!!!!! Great job on the head and Great Job Kam!! :batman:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

russ-russ

Nice work on the head Kenny!  And thanks Kam for continuing to provide information to the raptor community, don't let the one or two loudmouths discourage you.  For every loudmouth, there are 20 people who read what you write and appreciate it, but never speak up to say so.  And thanks to Jade for providing a badass test mule for the dyno flogging.

socalrappy700

Kam, thank you so much for your hard work.  And thank you Kenny, for all that you have given this great sport.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Kenny

I get to deal with the coolest people in this business!! :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

700crazzzynuttts

Kenny is just simply the man when it comes to big power gains for the 700, He has done wonders for mine, thanks a bunch. :clap:

Kam, thanks for being willing to do these continueous tests for the actual proof of what these mods do for us. :thumbs:

Keep up the good work guys, love seeing this info. ;)

damn mods are killing me, b**ch is fast though

Krandall

Can I ask Kenny. Was it just porting/Polishing or did you fill/reshape anything?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

RaptorRandy

Quote from: Krandall on October 24, 2008, 09:05:08 AM
Can I ask Kenny. Was it just porting/Polishing or did you fill/reshape anything?

Not Kenny, but as I understand it and without divulging any of his tricks, he takes an existing CNC head and further works the short side radius, valve bowls and port roof as well as does his own muiti angle valve job  :thumbs:

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Kenny

Thank you Randy..... This is the brilliant CNC head available from Racers Edge, with a couple of "tweaks". Anytime I find something that works, I share it with Racers Edge and they do the same for me. Anyone that wants this head, but can't stomach buying it from me, can most certainly buy it from them. I have to say that this head wasn't possible without them and I really feel the need to share the credit for it's success. :thumbs:

They have already hit 100+ horses with the same basic head :jaw:
Here is a sneak peek that doesn't give away any tricks

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Krandall

Well, I've seen pics like that done. Where are the Tricks!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Kenny

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Colorado700R

Quote from: Kenny on October 24, 2008, 01:10:52 PM
NO!! BAD KRANDALL!! :confused: :lol:

Dude, kenny could explain this till he's ninety and we still won't get it, let it go  :lol: