What to do with my Barkers (I want them black...Ceramic or High temp paint?)

Started by r00st, October 16, 2008, 06:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

I think im going to go for a stealth look on my raptor. I love all black..and think my 07 SE (orange/black) would look really good with some more black bits on it.

I have barkers (almost new) that i just installed, but its a lot of silver/bling.

On my DS 730 I used some 2,000 degree high temp header paint on my headers and slip on and it held up very well.

That is obviously the cheap method (5 bucks a can!). OR...should I go through a company like Jet-hot (or my local Powdercoater?) To have the headers/cans ceramic coated? I already planned to take a handful of parts to my local powdercoater this winter so im sure he would help me out a little on the price of ceramic (if he even does it...but im assuming he does).

Thoughts? Ideas?

If I do have the full exhaust ceramic coated I would probably just have all the heat shields go in with my other parts to get a semi/gloss (not gloss, but not matte) finish on them.

I will also have the straps thrown into the pile of parts to be coated.

I would LOVE to have a pair of the new billet straps (they are black with some milled out areas)...but I cant afford another 120 on top of the 700 I Just spent on these bad boys. If only I had known about the big bores and new straps coming out I surely would have waited a month!!!

As far as the tips... I think they are way too damn nice looking to get covered in paint/ceramic. I think I might leave those the way they are, but use a brush and a bit of the high temp black paint to fill in the little milled out areas on the tips. I think that would look bad ass!

Steal my ideas and I cut throats* ;)

Thanks guys
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

exentix

maybe you could pm sub about this one, he has his headers done in black for his barkers, and it looks GREAT!

Warren

Quote from: r00st on October 16, 2008, 06:57:40 PM

Steal my ideas and I cut throats* ;)

lol funny you say that becuase i just ordered my barkers with powerder coated black cans and tips yesterday.  :P
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

r00st

Bastid!

...Wait...Your telling me you can order these things with PC'd cans?

WTF! lol... Apparently I was WAY out of the damn loop when I ordered mine!

So lets get this straight...
* Big bores were in the works
* New sweet billet straps come out
* PC'd cans are available
* People went into the future to steal my very original idea of coating their exhaust black

* AWESOME! *....Looks like I suck at life!!!  :thumbs:

I think I need to sell these things (they have like 5 hours on them) and just start all over! lol
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

dabigbratj

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

r00st

lol they are red labels but im sure you can get new labels from tim for pretty cheap.

I am seriously considering doing the upgrade. I need to find out how much the new pipes are though.
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

r00st

Warren: How much extra was it for the Black powdercoating? So its just cans/tips and the headers are normal? Did you get the big bore barkers or the regulars? Did the big bores replace the regulars or is there an option now?

I am going to PM steve to see how much the new big bore barkers with the new straps run.
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Warren

i'm not sure how much extra i paid. and no they aren't big bore pipes. i'm not going to say what i paid to get my stuff done. because i'm not sure that it's all good to go through barker yet. after his new prices and everything are all leaked i will say what i paid. lol
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

you stole them didnt you.  :mad:

I had my tips anodized black and have been looking @ getting the headers all the way to the cans pc'd or painted or something.. I was going to buy subs, but he sold them before I could get my hands on them.  :mad: :mad:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Warren

Quote from: Krandall on October 17, 2008, 08:52:29 AM
you stole them didnt you.  :mad:

I had my tips anodized black and have been looking @ getting the headers all the way to the cans pc'd or painted or something.. I was going to buy subs, but he sold them before I could get my hands on them.  :mad: :mad:

anybody have any pics of these all black barkers?
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Warren

OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

dayum!!!!! that would look killer on a white/black 700 with cut fenders too!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Colorado700R

I got three cans of flat black VHT paint waiting for my riding season to end.  Give me a couple weeks and I'll post up the results  :thumbs: