Poll: Seriously, who are you voting for???

Started by Gunz, October 09, 2008, 10:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 17, 2008, 09:26:27 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on October 17, 2008, 09:10:16 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 17, 2008, 07:35:47 AM
Are you kidding me?  My old company was based in Canada and you should of heard the people complain.  We had one office pushing to get on the healthcare plan that the US employees had since they were close to the border.  Ask anyone who lives on a border town, the come over hear to get what they need. 

Going to the hospital doesn't cost them like it does us though. The care we get here isn't the greatest, and it still costs us out the ass.

My wife gets allergy shots once a week. She is supposed to pay $10 per shot, and insurance covers the rest.

I got a bill yesterday for $1634.80 for shots, and her colonoscopy. $1100 was the colonoscopy, and insurance is calling it "Exlporatory" instead of what I call prevenative maintenance. Our deductible is $500, and we've taken care of our part. It just always seems an uphill battle for insurance to cover their part. I got a bill for me being sick in February (required two doctor visits) for $600 and some change. I paid my co-pay at the time of visit (must may or they won't treat you). The insurance is failing to pay on shit from February. I called the insurance company and raised nine kinds of hell, and asked the clinic to re file the claim. I thought to myself, if my wife and I lived in Canada and had the flu, this wouldn't have cost me near as much.

~Brian

Also, this has NOTHING to do with our health care system and everything to do with your provider.  Take it up with your employer for giving you a crappy insurance company.  I haven't had to deal with those type of problems with my provider and they have done an ok job with all of Jenee's care while she has been pregnant. 

It has everything to do with our health care system. If our healthcare system didn't overprice treatments and pharmacueticals, I wouldn't have all of these bullshit charges.  I spoke to the doctor for 5 minutes each time, and they wrote a prescription for an antibiotic that I could buy over the counter if I lived in Mexico (Amoxicillin or generic version).

The insurance company is through my wife's bank, and it's ten times better than what I have available for me at my job and the cost is much less. Through Brandy's work, we have dental, vision, and medical for $75 per pay period. For me alone here at work it would be nearly $400 per month.

Via Wikipedia:

Health care in Canada is funded and delivered through a publicly-funded health care system, with most services provided by private entities. While the Canadian government calls it a "public system, it is not "socialized medicine".

Health care spending in Canada is projected to reach $160 billion, or 10.6% of GDP, in 2007. This is slightly above the average for OECD countries. In Canada, the various levels of government pay for about 70% of Canadians' health care costs, which is slightly below the OECD average. Under the terms of the Canada Health Act, the publicly-funded insurance plans are required to pay for medically necessary care, but only if it is delivered in hospitals or by physicians. There is considerable variation across the provinces/territories as to the extent to which such costs as outpatient prescription drugs, physical therapy, long-term care, home care, dental care and even ambulance services are covered.

This plan could be paid for with what we are spending in Iraq!

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 17, 2008, 09:47:02 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 17, 2008, 09:26:27 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on October 17, 2008, 09:10:16 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 17, 2008, 07:35:47 AM
Are you kidding me?  My old company was based in Canada and you should of heard the people complain.  We had one office pushing to get on the healthcare plan that the US employees had since they were close to the border.  Ask anyone who lives on a border town, the come over hear to get what they need. 

Going to the hospital doesn't cost them like it does us though. The care we get here isn't the greatest, and it still costs us out the ass.

My wife gets allergy shots once a week. She is supposed to pay $10 per shot, and insurance covers the rest.

I got a bill yesterday for $1634.80 for shots, and her colonoscopy. $1100 was the colonoscopy, and insurance is calling it "Exlporatory" instead of what I call prevenative maintenance. Our deductible is $500, and we've taken care of our part. It just always seems an uphill battle for insurance to cover their part. I got a bill for me being sick in February (required two doctor visits) for $600 and some change. I paid my co-pay at the time of visit (must may or they won't treat you). The insurance is failing to pay on shit from February. I called the insurance company and raised nine kinds of hell, and asked the clinic to re file the claim. I thought to myself, if my wife and I lived in Canada and had the flu, this wouldn't have cost me near as much.

~Brian

Also, this has NOTHING to do with our health care system and everything to do with your provider.  Take it up with your employer for giving you a crappy insurance company.  I haven't had to deal with those type of problems with my provider and they have done an ok job with all of Jenee's care while she has been pregnant. 

It has everything to do with our health care system. If our healthcare system didn't overprice treatments and pharmacueticals, I wouldn't have all of these bullshit charges.  I spoke to the doctor for 5 minutes each time, and they wrote a prescription for an antibiotic that I could buy over the counter if I lived in Mexico (Amoxicillin or generic version).

The insurance company is through my wife's bank, and it's ten times better than what I have available for me at my job and the cost is much less. Through Brandy's work, we have dental, vision, and medical for $75 per pay period. For me alone here at work it would be nearly $400 per month.

Via Wikipedia:

Health care in Canada is funded and delivered through a publicly-funded health care system, with most services provided by private entities. While the Canadian government calls it a "public system, it is not "socialized medicine".

Health care spending in Canada is projected to reach $160 billion, or 10.6% of GDP, in 2007. This is slightly above the average for OECD countries. In Canada, the various levels of government pay for about 70% of Canadians' health care costs, which is slightly below the OECD average. Under the terms of the Canada Health Act, the publicly-funded insurance plans are required to pay for medically necessary care, but only if it is delivered in hospitals or by physicians. There is considerable variation across the provinces/territories as to the extent to which such costs as outpatient prescription drugs, physical therapy, long-term care, home care, dental care and even ambulance services are covered.

This plan could be paid for with what we are spending in Iraq!

~Brian

Thank the lawyers for the over priced care here.  Why don't we work to try and stop them.  There is where the problem is.  Not our healtcare system.  But again, I don't have that same problem with my provider.

And who runs that system?  The government, so its not a "public system" its more of a socialized care. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Gunz

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 17, 2008, 09:28:00 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 17, 2008, 09:01:16 AM
Bottom line, don't believe what they say, look at what they do.  I don't believe Obama when he says he's for gun right when the anti gun people are lining his pockets.

Nothing wrong with owning firearms, but in my opinion we need better control of guns in our country. I own two firearms myself, but there's people who go crazy with firearms and have too many in my opinion. It's one thing if they are displayed on a wall as memorabilia (Civil War era, WWII era stuff, etc.) but for one person to have a David Koresh size arsenal is just ignorant in my opinion.

Where I think we need gun control is at Gun Shows. When sales take place at a gun show, some perceive a "loophole" in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), although these laws have never applied to individual-to-individual sales of personal firearms. United States federal law requires persons engaged in interstate firearm commerce, or who are in the business of selling firearms, to hold a Federal Firearms License and to perform checks prior to transferring a firearm, but there is an exemption for private sales by individuals who are "not engaged in the business" of selling firearms, or who only make "occasional" sales. Unlicensed private sellers are permitted by law to sell privately-owned guns at gun shows, or at private locations, in 24 states (as of 1998).

I really hate that the Bush Administration let the Brady Bill expire. We do not need automatic weapons floating around the general public.

~Brian

I go to the gun show here in Okklahoma sometimes, but its more a waste of time because they DO do a background check and I still for some reason just like any other store in Oklahoma I have to wait 5 days for the background check to clear. Its just another one of those "it sucks to be me things". It doesnt happen to everyone. Bottom line we need to enforce the laws we have. Not make new one that are going to get half enforced like the ones we already have. As far as the automatic weapons, you dont see Americans running around shooting everyone up like they are in 3rd World countries, tryin to comment genocide. I do in movies, but not in my town or state. I cant even remember the last time I saw on the news a violent act in my state useing a fully automatic weapon or even on CNN/headline news.

Hey not an attack I respect your opinion too....

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Flynbyu

Well lobbyist run ours, and who do they bribe have fund raisers for? The government.

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Gunz

Quote from: Krandall on October 17, 2008, 09:43:07 AM
any kind of shot is expensive for the reason being. Not only do the doctors have to get paid for their time, but the company making the juice need to get paid too.... They could charge 10,000 and people are still going to get them. :lol: at their mercy

In my best Charlton Heston voice. "Damn you pharmacuticle companies"

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 17, 2008, 09:58:13 AM
Well lobbyist run ours, and who do they bribe have fund raisers for? The government.

:lol:

~Brian

didn't say our system was good, I'm just saying its a bad idea to put the government in control of that.  We really need to get a handle on the lawsuits, they are way out of control and that pushes the costs up. 

And the lobbyist don't run the system, they are hired by special interest groups and companies to push their agenda.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Based on my findings...

We're all f*cked...

The government is f*cked.

The system is f*cked.

the healthcare is f*cked.

the taxed are f*cked.

I'm over it.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

I work in Oklahoma and I live in Arkansas and there are plenty of gun toting rednecks here on both sides of the fence.

We don't see crime with automatic weapons in rual areas, but in large cities, it happens daily.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Here the crime is mostly with handguns and shot guns.  Rarely do I hear about one with an automatic....its too much $$$ for your average criminal.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 17, 2008, 10:21:54 AM
Here the crime is mostly with handguns and shot guns.  Rarely do I hear about one with an automatic....its too much $$$ for your average criminal.

I always here about shooting in your area watching WGN.

Terrible stuff. I hear about a shooting everytime I watch WGN's news.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on October 17, 2008, 08:48:31 AM
I'm glad we have 9 pages of debate without us killing each other. Thanks for all who have contributed thus far by respecting others opinions and keeping a level head. :)

+1 Krandall that is what I was going to post when I logged on. IMO: It is our differing views that drive this country. On most thngs, I guess I would be considered liberal. On others (like my children's future's) I am ultra, ultra-conservative. I like to hear all sides. "flipflopper" :rofl: I enjoy a good political conversation. You will never hear me overtly question someone's beliefs. Just relate my own to theirs, and compare. ;)

Also:

Pictures of Obama with a turban on his head, and Palin with a machine gun make me giggle, but serve no real purpose. :lol:  Just gives some uneducated morons more ammo to make biased decisions. :lol:

This is the time of year where I really start taking a hard look at their views and history. I never decide 100% until right before election day. I have trouble understanding those who make their choice years before election. They have their right to do so, and I AM proud of that. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 17, 2008, 10:24:18 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 17, 2008, 10:21:54 AM

I always here about shooting in your area watching WGN.

Terrible stuff. I hear about a shooting everytime I watch WGN's news.

~Brian

yeah, its gotten really bad on the south side.  damn crazy people.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 17, 2008, 10:12:29 AM
Welcome to Rome.

I guess...... How about Down w/ the government. Let's just rule the world.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum