+8mm crank

Started by 1badazz_700r, October 08, 2008, 05:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptorRandy

Quote from: White Rider on October 09, 2008, 07:43:16 PM
Well i guess im the other 10%  :thumbs: I built a cylinder riser to fit my crank and only flycut deeper eyebrown in my piston that i have had.

I was just fixing to ask if you were running a spacer under your jug when you were posting that :)

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

1badazz_700r

I agree preddy. Im not going to go cheap thats for sure. Im just trying get outta someone if boring to a 105mm and 14:1 piston would be as effective as stroking a stockbore with 14:1 piston. if i can achieve the same results without splitting the cases i would like to do that.however if im going to gain a shit load of power and performance to bore to 105mm,14:1 piston, and stroke it all together i may go that route

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

White Rider

Yes sir I do. But that us the only way you can get away with a stroke that big and the rod length that i have. If you go to like a +4mm all you have to do is run a stroker piston. Anything else is stroker piston and shorter rod, which i didnt want to do. I know that you are aware of this Randy....im just saying it for other people.
Raptor873

RaptorRandy

Damn....I must be goin blind....I just saw you had 1/2'' cylinder spacer in your siggy.....

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

White Rider

I just made my sig. Im a newbie :thumbs: So ur not all that crazy.....haha
Raptor873

RaptorRandy

ok, I guess I'm not going blind yet  :lol:

Glad to see you over here  :thumbs:

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

White Rider

Thanks, i just got a PM about it and said what the hell. It seems like a really good site.
Raptor873

1badazz_700r

could i start with boring to 105mm and install the cp stroker piston now. and if thats not enough than down the road install the stroker crank. This way i wouldnt have to buy another piston down the road if i wanted to make it a stroker

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

RaptorRandy

Quote from: White Rider on October 09, 2008, 08:08:26 PM
Thanks, i just got a PM about it and said what the hell. It seems like a really good site.

I think you'll like it here, it is an excellent forum  :thumbs:

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

RaptorRandy

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on October 09, 2008, 08:10:06 PM
could i start with boring to 105mm and install the cp stroker piston now. and if thats not enough than down the road install the stroker crank. This way i wouldnt have to buy another piston down the road if i wanted to make it a stroker

If you put the stroker piston on the stock stroke and rod your gonna be down in the hole and give up a good amount of compression.

If your gonna just bore it for now then I wouldn't run the stroker piston then when and if you decide to go with the +8mm crank I would do like Troy suggested and get a -4mm rod installed on the crank and have it trued ,welded and balanced.

But to me it makes a lot more sense to just save up and do it all at once and be done with it if you are really serious about stroking it in the near future.

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

White Rider

If you will even have enough to detonate.....I wouldnt reccomend doing that. Go 105 then later on down the road get a stroker crank and piston. But if it were me i would do it all at once so you dont have to buy a piston twice.
Raptor873

1badazz_700r

Raptor randy, what would you recommend.I dont really trust my local machine shops to much. so im looking at what ever is basically a drop in part.i dont mind sending my cylinder out of state to have it bored and sleeved and upgraded for bigger studs because shipping is cheap that way. but i dont want to have to send my whole engine out. so would i be happy with just boring 105mm and 14:1 piston based on my mods in my signature? or hold out for the bigbore-stroker. I trust your judgment randy.

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

1badazz_700r

white rider i would rather do everything at once rather than buy 2 pistons actually would be my 4th and 4 tear downs. I want the next one to satisfy me for awhile :lol: dont get me wrong it runs like a mofo right now. im just weighing my options to see if its worth doing another rebuild. I just want what ever is the least amount of machine work. Thats why i wanted a drop in stroker crank and just send my cylinder out to be bored

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

preddy08

From what I have seen JUST boring does'nt really do a whole lot. Maybe a few ponys and a some down low TQ. I think you will be disapointed once you get it runnin. I would just save up and do the bore/stroke/piston all at once.

Did you ever think about the +5 hot rod crank. Its a cheap alternative. Troywcc came to my parts last weekend and his bike is about the same build as mine, but he had the crank in his. He was constantly 2-3 or more bikes ahead of me.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

RaptorRandy

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on October 09, 2008, 08:23:57 PM
Raptor randy, what would you recommend.I dont really trust my local machine shops to much. so im looking at what ever is basically a drop in part.i dont mind sending my cylinder out of state to have it bored and sleeved and upgraded for bigger studs because shipping is cheap that way. but i dont want to have to send my whole engine out. so would i be happy with just boring 105mm and 14:1 piston based on my mods in my signature? or hold out for the bigbore-stroker. I trust your judgment randy.

It's hard to say....it's definitly less money to just have it bored and get a 14:1 piston. The 727's can run good and hard with the right combination of porting, cam, piston and custom advance curve. But if your even thinking your wanting to stroke  it,  after some time your probably gonna wish you would have done it in the first place. It all depends on your budget and what kind of HP & TQ your gonna get out of it.

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD