Broken plastic Tabs

Started by Danny T, September 23, 2008, 01:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny T

both of the rear tabs that hold my plastics down are broken. what have you guys done to help keep them from flapping around like a birdy...?

THANKS!

VanillaGorilla

If there is any tab left, (i assume your talking about the ones that connect to the grab bar.)  drill a hole in some part of the left over tab and use wire ties to tie them to the tabs on the grab bar.

Krandall

The plastics that I bought for the front of my rappy the tabs were busted off (even though the guy said they werent)

I ended up drilling 2 small holes in them oni each side and zip tieing them to the fender mounts.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

BackwoodsBoy

If ya can't duck it F :mad:CK it. Just kidding, on the plastics I have now I just used zip ties like Krandall. May not look the best but who's going to stick there head under there to see how pretty it is anyhow?
2007 Rappy SE
A few mods, more to come!

Danny T

i zip tied em last night. thanks guys!

BackwoodsBoy

A little afro-engineering! Did they hold together pretty good? Mine are just as tight as bolts. :)
2007 Rappy SE

Danny T

yea the hold real tight, i used a thinner sized zip tie. Encase i flip, so it doesn't rip the hole i just made with the zip tie:)

BackwoodsBoy

Good deal, glad it worked out for ya man!
2007 Rappy SE