CCP steering stabilizer holding up?

Started by socalrappy700, September 23, 2008, 11:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fire raptor

What I said in my comparison of the CCP vs the Precision was for some guys the CCP would be easier to work with due to the 1 adjustment. I also said that the precision was a great unit as I have one and I love it. My son has the CCP and we ride desert they both work very well. I also said for the price the CCP was hard to beat. Also for the guys concerned about bling the CCP is very good looking. If you have a unlimited budget get the Precision. FR.

Bert

Quote from: fire raptor on September 24, 2008, 11:46:07 PM
What I said in my comparison of the CCP vs the Precision was for some guys the CCP would be easier to work with due to the 1 adjustment. I also said that the precision was a great unit as I have one and I love it. My son has the CCP and we ride desert they both work very well. I also said for the price the CCP was hard to beat. Also for the guys concerned about bling the CCP is very good looking. If you have a unlimited budget get the Precision. FR.
FR - can you feel a difference when you & your son switch quads?

wobble

Quote from: Bert on September 25, 2008, 06:36:28 PM
Quote from: fire raptor on September 24, 2008, 11:46:07 PM
FR - can you feel a difference when you & your son switch quads?

Good question. I'm interested as well.

fire raptor

Yes. The CCP is exact for the entire sweep the same start to finish. With the Precision you can feel the transition from center to outside. This is not a bad thing it is due to the two adjustments vs the one with the CCP. I cannot fathom the Elka 5 way too much for my simple mind. If I would have known about the CCP when I bought mine for the cost I would have bought the CCP. I love the precision but I am not sure for myself or most riders that we need the more expensive unit. My son rides hard and fast in the desert and the CCP serves him fine. We are not sand dune guys so I cannot speak for which would be best for that group. You cannot go wrong with either unit. Just $$$$$$.

wobble

Thanks for the detailed response.  :thumbs:

I wish CCP made them for my daughter's Z400  :(

NaturalRaptor

I have the CCP and ride trails. It works great and am glad I bought it because now my arms don't feel like crap after a hard day of riding.  :thumbs:
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

fastraptor

2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

preddy08

Simple, maybe 15 minutes with a short beer brake.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

SprinterX

I had to radius the bore in the arm that attaches to the steering stem to allow it to slide down far enough over the flare at the bottom on the strg stem. Otherwise it just wouldn't sit low enough to allow proper alignment of the push/pull link to the damper itself.
I also wish the adjustment knob had stops so you couldn't just wind it out numerous turns.
08 Raptor 700
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

russ-russ

Quote from: wobble on September 25, 2008, 09:21:43 PM
Thanks for the detailed response.  :thumbs:

I wish CCP made them for my daughter's Z400  :(
+1 I'd like to have one for my wife's Z.  Like others have said, if I had known about the CCP before I bought my Precision, I'd have bought the CCP.

BackwoodsBoy

Where can I order this wonderful piece of machinery?
2007 Rappy SE
A few mods, more to come!

Bert

fire raptor

Some one should have his phone# or e-mail that is how I got ours. BUT being not to smart I have lost it.Kepp asking and check on the other  forums in the search.

Busby

ok i did some digging around and found this which i think is the guy you would need to contact http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=53952 go to almost the bottom of the page and look for user customcncparts only down side is you will have to sign up to the forum to contact him... ill have another scout around and see what I can find for you.
www.zazzle.com/busbyeie "Funky Shirts"

Bert

Busby
James is registered @ Raptor Forum. Not sure on a username.  There were several GB threads