What tires do you run?

Started by Colorado700R, May 14, 2008, 03:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

well at 60$ a tire i think im gonna try some pirelli's ???
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Krandall

that's not bad priced, and its freakin pirelli!! :grin_nod:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Quote from: kamakazi on May 16, 2008, 10:03:09 AM
well at 60$ a tire i think im gonna try some pirelli's ???

Where did you see that price?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Kamakazi

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

kyledvor61

Holeshot HD's front and rear. Agree 100% with Brad. They freakin rock but they are a bit heavy in my opinion

Havn2muchfun

Stock fronts, 20x10x9 holeshot sr's on the rear. Put them on late last year, and then basicly only rode dunes :lol:. But this winter and so far this spring they hook up way better than stock. They also still seem to ride as good as stock, are light and only 45$ apiece.
So many upgrades, so little money.

bamaquad

18/10/10 American Racers & Hoosiers on the rear.

18/6/10 American Racers & Hoosiers on the front.

11Raptor

Still on the stockers  :(  No funds at this time.  Remodeling the house so got to get that done and 52inch lcd and my 35x12.50x17;s for my truck and spend some money on the boat....So i'll be beating the stock ones up for a little while longer  :thumbs:

Michael
-2K7 Raptor700 SE2
-Houser +3/4 Blue Steering Stem
-Pro Taper Black SE bars
-ProArmor Kill Switch w/wrist teather
-ProArmor Skid Plates
-ProArmor FAT Peg Black Nerf's
-ITP Holeshot XCR's on ITP SS112's machined w/black
-Yoshi RS-2 Full Titanium Exhaust
-Quadbox FI Power Box
-2K5 2500 Dodge Cummins 4x4 QC w/35's
-EDGE w/Att.

Krandall

Quote from: 11Raptor on May 20, 2008, 10:03:08 PM
Still on the stockers  :(  No funds at this time.  Remodeling the house so got to get that done and 52inch lcd and my 35x12.50x17;s for my truck and spend some money on the boat....So i'll be beating the stock ones up for a little while longer  :thumbs:

Michael

+1. I bought a set of YFZ rears. If you're looking for a cheap upgrade. TOTALLY Worth it!!!! They rock the stock raptor tires :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

kyledvor61

Quote from: Krandall on May 21, 2008, 10:41:19 AM

Michael

+1. I bought a set of YFZ rears. If you're looking for a cheap upgrade. TOTALLY Worth it!!!! They rock the stock raptor tires :clap:

I didnt think they were great but they diffinetly didnt suck. Way lighter than my HD's.

RR34

Michael

hmmm so you like the yfz shocks, the yfz tires.....what next :confused:
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Bert

Michael
If you can borrow a tire groove/sipe tool you can get better traction with the stockers till they are really shot. 
Link to article on grooving/siping
http://www.hoosiertire.com/groovy.HTM

Krandall

Quote from: RR34 on May 21, 2008, 05:44:27 PM

Michael

hmmm so you like the yfz shocks, the yfz tires.....what next :confused:

I like each one because they are a great improvement over STOCK raptor stuff.. If I had a choice now between the SE raptor shocks, I would take those, but for the price of YFZ ones to the SE ones at the time. YFZ was a better deal..

I got my YFZ tires brand new for $125 shipped to me on rims.  :nana:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

I use kenda Klaw mxc on the rear. Very cheap, but very durable.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

ThisGuyAlex

holeshot hd's 20x11x10 on black baja's...stock up fron for now...
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock