Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XI

Started by Flynbyu, September 15, 2008, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 25, 2008, 08:54:26 AM
Quote from: Krandall on September 25, 2008, 08:51:43 AM
I got an interesting call last night. my old boss calls me. Says... Heyyyyy... do you like your job?

I was like.. uhhh yea...

Come to find out. a project I helped do while I was working for them in Moose Lake (town about 2 hours from where I live now currently) north. I did a huge wireless project for them, they are going to be running fiber optic cable throughout the whole town and looking for a tech guy to run the entire project and work for the city doing so.......
I will be finding out more information tonight/today some time, but, pretty much whatever I want for wages.. then I'm a city employee, so great benefits/retirement packages. I'd be up north. can ride the rappy.. just need to find out more specifics..

Is that by your parents?  And would it be a long term job?

It's north of my paretns place by about 35-40 mins. so I'd be closer than I am now.

and it'd be a permanent job for sure. they don't have a tech guy there. It's always been my old boss who runs the city's wi-fi access. But he doesn't want to do that anymore either.

I have to do a lot of thinking about it.. from what it sounds. I'd be the only guy... and turn into tech support for the city hall, police officers, and the power plant. (the city runs their own power plant prettty sweet).

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

UncleBeaner

Quote from: Krandall on September 25, 2008, 09:01:38 AM
I got an interesting call last night. my old boss calls me. Says... Heyyyyy... do you like your job?

I was like.. uhhh yea...

Come to find out. a project I helped do while I was working for them in Moose Lake (town about 2 hours from where I live now currently) north. I did a huge wireless project for them, they are going to be running fiber optic cable throughout the whole town and looking for a tech guy to run the entire project and work for the city doing so.......
I will be finding out more information tonight/today some time, but, pretty much whatever I want for wages.. then I'm a city employee, so great benefits/retirement packages. I'd be up north. can ride the rappy.. just need to find out more specifics..

It's north of my paretns place by about 35-40 mins. so I'd be closer than I am now.

and it'd be a permanent job for sure. they don't have a tech guy there. It's always been my old boss who runs the city's wi-fi access. But he doesn't want to do that anymore either.

I have to do a lot of thinking about it.. from what it sounds. I'd be the only guy... and turn into tech support for the city hall, police officers, and the power plant. (the city runs their own power plant prettty sweet).

the city i live in is complete self sufficient power cable water treatment ect
:beans:

socalrappy700

I was like.. uhhh yea...

Make sure to talk it over with the wife, there is two of you now.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

I was like.. uhhh yea...

Sounds like it may be a sweet deal. Good Luck. Municipal Jobs are hard to pass up.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Yeah, we talked about it for a couple hours last night. she's for it which kind of surprised me. but, her brother and nephew/neice live about 10 mins from that city, so she's semi excited about that. but, theres still a lot of unknown stuff about the job, so I need to wait to find that out befor EI make some crazy decision like that... like, vacation, benefits, hours, oncall, ect.

and amen peels municipal jobs for a tech guy are a: hard to find and b: hard to pass up..

plus I get state benefits :D

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

have them pay you more then you make now, better vacation and less on call.  And home prices will be lower up there. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 25, 2008, 09:09:54 AM
have them pay you more then you make now, better vacation and less on call.  And home prices will be lower up there. 

even if they could match my vacation. I have.. 23 days paid vacation a year.  and I'm on call 1 week every six weeks, so that's not all bad, I'd just be worried being the only one. I need to see if there's possiblility for 2 people.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

socalrappy700

damn, over a month off.  How did you score that?!?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on September 25, 2008, 09:11:48 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 25, 2008, 09:09:54 AM

even if they could match my vacation. I have.. 23 days paid vacation a year.  and I'm on call 1 week every six weeks, so that's not all bad, I'd just be worried being the only one. I need to see if there's possiblility for 2 people.

Might be hard to leave....

I get 3 weeks paid...5 days possible unpaid. In Two more years.....4 weeks paid! :thumbs:
But...on some occasions, I am the only one. Just an attitude. I do whatever it takes. THerefore, I get paid better than those around me, get some fringe benefits. Like......BS'ing on raptorsource.
I always get this when I leave early or come in late: sarcastically... "must be nice to do whatever you want'"
My response: "yes it is, you can take my phone home with you and see just how 'nice' it is.. and stay late to solve problems when we have a strict deadline" -That usually shuts em' up.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

It's that on call that usually shuts em' up... I like my job, I don't mind on call, but it limits what I get to do on weekends/weekday nights when I'm on call.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on September 25, 2008, 09:35:29 AM
It's that on call that usually shuts em' up... I like my job, I don't mind on call, but it limits what I get to do on weekends/weekday nights when I'm on call.

hopefully you get an allowance for that? I don't but I do get automatic 3hrs OT pay for any calls.

I came in before and flipped a breaker, and rebooted print driver (5 minutes of work 10 minutes of b.s'ing)= 3 hrs of pay...I was in town already two blocks away. :thumbs: Some days it is good some not so good, I totally catch what you're saying.

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Krandall

hola b-rad.
what class you chillin in?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: