Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on September 18, 2008, 01:23:46 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on September 18, 2008, 12:09:00 PM
Quote from: Flynbyu on September 18, 2008, 12:04:34 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on September 18, 2008, 11:26:25 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on September 18, 2008, 11:11:12 AM

:jerkoff:

Her troops (alaska national guard) man the majority of the US missle defense system.  But there's no foreign policy issues there  :poke:

She doesn't control the US Missle Defense system. I would assume that's done at NORAD. She can call up troops for distasters and emergencies, but nothing more than that.

~Brian

Try again, HER TROOPS Run the Radar sensors (Adak island) and interceptor silos (1 of two sites worldwide) and local Command and Control

Her Our troops may run them, but the call doesn't come from her. The Pentogram makes the call whether to fire or not.

~Brian

Actually it's the NCA (National Command Authority)  Prez, VP, Sec DEf.  but your missing the point, with all the scutiny over the Missle defense system and it's proximtiy to mother russia, she's feeling the heat for it.  Plus when US-Russian tensions highten she's left to deal with the mess.  (IE shipping ports, etc).

Bottom line is she's the frontlines to Russia, even the posturing of her troops for wargames can have affects on international policy.

socalrappy700

Via USA today.

QuoteA Gates-appointed panel unanimously concluded that the report on Peralta's action did not meet the standard of "no margin of doubt or possibility of error," Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said. The argument about whether to award Peralta the nation's highest military honor centers on whether a mortally wounded Marine could have intentionally reached for the grenade after suffering a serious head wound.

So a panel makes the call.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 18, 2008, 01:30:26 PM
Via USA today.

QuoteA Gates-appointed panel unanimously concluded that the report on Peralta's action did not meet the standard of "no margin of doubt or possibility of error," Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said. The argument about whether to award Peralta the nation's highest military honor centers on whether a mortally wounded Marine could have intentionally reached for the grenade after suffering a serious head wound.

Well the panel is full of shit.

The man lost his life and save the life of his fellow troops.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

DECEPTiON21

If jumping on a grenade for your squad isn't MoH material, I don't know what is.
05 660R with some stuff

06 2500 CTD on Rockstars

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on September 18, 2008, 01:33:32 PM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 18, 2008, 01:30:26 PM
Via USA today.

Well the panel is full of shit.

The man lost his life and save the life of his fellow troops.

~Brian

+1 Billion  :thumbs:

Colorado700R

Quote from: DECEPTiON21 on September 18, 2008, 01:35:42 PM
If jumping on a grenade for your squad isn't MoH material, I don't know what is.

The thing I hate the most about this is (not to re-ignite politcal discussion) that the guy was born in Mexico, got his green card, enlisted in the corp, and became a naturalized citizen.  Then dies for his country, saves his fellow marines lives, and recieves less than he deserves.

Seems like the wrong message to be sending to Mexicans about the "Right" way to become an American  :mad:

socalrappy700

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 18, 2008, 01:42:47 PM

The thing I hate the most about this is (not to re-ignite politcal discussion) that the guy was born in Mexico, got his green card, enlisted in the corp, and became a naturalized citizen.  Then dies for his country, saves his fellow marines lives, and recieves less than he deserves.

Seems like the wrong message to be sending to Mexicans about the "Right" way to become an American  :mad:

I say they have the right to become an American.....right after they exercise the right to mow my lawn.   :lol:

Sorry cold humor.

I think that he did the right thing in trying to get his green card and we should see him as nothing more then a fellow American.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit. That's not right.

There are two distinct protocols for awarding the Medal of Honor. The first and most common is nomination by a service member in the chain of command, followed by approval at each level of command. The other method is nomination by a member of Congress (generally at the request of a constituent) and approval by a special act of Congress. In either case, the Medal of Honor is presented by the President on behalf of the Congress.

<Via Wikipedia>

The military panel couldn't agree or clarify if Sgt. Rafael Peralta was killed by friendly fire.

Anything is possible. Especially since the military lied to Pat Tillman's parents on how he died originally <whole other line of bullshit>.

Regardless, if the man saved my life, my ass would be throwing a fit right now for him.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

DECEPTiON21

Agreed and Amen. At least they didn't rename your state's freeway and a mountain after a soldier simply because she was a female Indian (feathers, not dots). She did nothing brave or courageous to earn the honor, except that she was the first Indian woman to die in combat. I think it's a slap in the face to all those who do something brave and are honored for it. Not that signing up in the first place isn't brave, but i don't think we should rename mountains and freeways after her.
05 660R with some stuff

06 2500 CTD on Rockstars

Peelz

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 18, 2008, 01:45:22 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on September 18, 2008, 01:42:47 PM

I say they have the right to become an American.....right after they exercise the right to mow my lawn.   :lol:
Sorry cold humor.

I think that he did the right thing in trying to get his green card and we should see him as nothing more then a fellow American.

and....load your moving truck!

LOmthafuk'n-L
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

kyledvor61

socalrappy700

Quote from: kyledvor61 on September 18, 2008, 02:12:12 PM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 18, 2008, 01:32:03 PM
I like string cheese.
now why post useless stuff like that huh? :lol:

just kidding

Add humor to a thread that needed to be lightened up.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 18, 2008, 02:13:02 PM
Quote from: kyledvor61 on September 18, 2008, 02:12:12 PM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 18, 2008, 01:32:03 PM
I like string cheese.
now why post useless stuff like that huh? :lol:

just kidding

Add humor to a thread that needed to be lightened up.

He's doing it to increase his post count.

:lol:

Speaking of which.....

Bread makes me poop.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

I'm a retired member of the PWU, but I'm still a vested member.  And its all cool for you in this thread kyle, post away.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum