Barker's or Monster's noise level?

Started by zx10r203, September 11, 2008, 04:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zx10r203

One of the good places around where I live to ride is a PITA about noise levels. They will check the decibels.  Just wanted to know how much louder is the Barker's and Monster's Duals then the stock?!?!

Really want an exhaust system but still want to be able to ride there.

Colorado700R

Barkers with the quiet cores aren't much louder than the stock exhaust.  According to the bluetraxx review of the monsters and barkers without quiet cores they're ~102db

Aaron

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 11, 2008, 05:30:48 PM
Barkers with the quiet cores aren't much louder than the stock exhaust.  According to the bluetraxx review of the monsters and barkers without quiet cores they're ~102db

Aaron

Thats not very bad w/o the quiet core... Thats what my GYTR is w/o quiet core and with a spark arrestor.

Peelz

Aaron

Thought I read stock exhaust was around 93 db?  Yoshimura rated quietest of aftermarket exhausts, unless you get one with a quiet core. Think it was right at 100 db.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Quote from: Peels660 on September 11, 2008, 06:27:47 PM

Aaron

Thought I read stock exhaust was around 93 db?  Yoshimura rated quietest of aftermarket exhausts, unless you get one with a quiet core. Think it was right at 100 db.

i bet the barkers wih QCs are around 96 at most

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 11, 2008, 07:29:01 PM

Aaron

i bet the barkers wih QCs are around 96 at most

He is good to go then! :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

wobble

I tested mine a few months back. My barkers were 101db and 95db w/QC.

zx10r203

Aaron

My cousin who also has a 700R has a single Yoshmura system on his and he gets tagged everytime he goes ridding there.  Don't know if he has a quiet core or not, but his is pretty damn loud!!

TechQuadShop

I believe barker claims the quiet cores reduce it by 2-3 db.  So if your already blowing a 102 then I would say your going to be around 100 db with quiet cores.

Sorry Krandall but I think it would be really tough to get them down to 96 db
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

zx10r203

Aaron

I saw that review! It was great info. :thumbs: :thumbs:  Answered a lot of questions. 

Peelz

Quote from: zx10r203 on September 12, 2008, 08:21:14 AM

Aaron

My cousin who also has a 700R has a single Yoshmura system on his and he gets tagged everytime he goes ridding there.  Don't know if he has a quiet core or not, but his is pretty damn loud!!

where do you ride that they check?  I just read a review of exhausts, and Yosh was quietest...but still loud, just not as loud as my HMF. 3db louder according to the test. I only ever saw the barkers once..on "dabigbratj's" 700 with big bore. It wasn't near as loud as I was expecting. :thumbs:

zx10r203

There are a couple of places to ride around where I live.  The one that checks is Hollister SVRA.  All the farmers in the area started to complain and they started to check.  Its Kalifornia (souding like the governator), the most @nal state in the union!!!!!  I am just waiting for them to require smog checks!!  :bird: to California Lawmakers!!! Just an example: my brother got a ticket for having an "exposed" airfilter on his truck. He had removed the cover of the box and put an K&N cone filter. They called it a modified air filtration system or some b.s. like that!!

What kinda of difference would a PCIIIusb and a FCI intake system make with the stock exhaust??

GregKJ

Colorado700R

Quote from: zx10r203 on September 12, 2008, 09:42:16 AM

What kinda of difference would a PCIIIusb and a FCI intake system make with the stock exhaust??

I ran with a Prodesign intake w/K&N plus PC3 for quite awhile.  It gives you a nice increase to low and midrange, and a little on top as well.  I also ran the Phoenix SA instead of the stock buttplug to let the stock exhaust flow a little better.

Aaron

zx10r203

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 12, 2008, 11:26:55 AM
Quote from: zx10r203 on September 12, 2008, 09:42:16 AM

I ran with a Prodesign intake w/K&N plus PC3 for quite awhile.  It gives you a nice increase to low and midrange, and a little on top as well.  I also ran the Phoenix SA instead of the stock buttplug to let the stock exhaust flow a little better.

Aaron

Got a link to that Phoenix SA??