Where were you 7 years ago today (9-11)

Started by Colorado700R, September 11, 2008, 08:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

7 years.......Hard to believe it was that long ago already  :(

I was in Cheyenne, WY training USMC Reserves.  When the first plane struck, I called the F.E. Warren AFB armory to advise them we would be drawing weapons so we could secure our off-base facility.

At 12:00, I was aboard a Wyoming National Gaurd CH-47 heading for Denver.  By 3:00pm I was controlling F-16's Combat Air Patrol's enforcing the country wide no-fly for the Western Air Defense Sector (WADS), and intercepting any thing that was flying (Made a few Cessna pilots wet their panties  :lol: )

It was a very horrible day

Aaron

socalrappy700

Driving across the country.  I was just outside Amarillo TX listening to the morning news when that came on.  Drove the rest of the way to cali in shock. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Senior year of High School. The romours floating around were HORRIBLE!!!! I got out around noon from school and was out looking for a job. I was at "Fox" cabinet watching the new with everyone in the shop.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

socalrappy700

I missed the rumors, other then the ones on the news. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Funny you mention "Rumors" Preddy.  The reason I had my platton draw arms from the base to secure our facility was do to a theft of machine guns and grenades from a national gaurd Armory just east of Cheyenne in Nebraska the night before. 

At that point we had no idea if the actions of the terrorists and the theft of arms were related, but we prepared as if they were.  ANd since Warren controls a huge fleet of ICBMs, they could be a target. 

In my minds eye all of that thinking is now silly, but to this day I'd rather prepare for the worst than simply hope for the best.

A very strange day for sure.

Krandall

Was sitting in my algebra class. When an announcement came on the PA for everyone to turn on Fox News.

We didn't hold normal class the whole day. :( :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

dick-84

I think i was in class at the time? Not to sure tho. I have done alot of drinking since then.  ???

Flynbyu

I was driving to work and the morning show I was listening to said there was a plane that had crashed into the WTC.

I got to work to see the second plane crash, and it was then it was announced it was an apparent terrorist attack. I was shocked there where four crashes total. I was glued to the TV all day, and never left the service waiting area. We watched the news all day.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Great thread!

I was working weekends only at the time, so I was at home. I was watching stock markets back then, and tv went out, So I shut it off. My wife called me a bit later freaking out-she had only heard a small radio update.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

BRAD

i was sittin in i think my fresman history class in highschool. we did nothing the rest of the day other than watch the news
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on September 11, 2008, 08:50:36 AM
Senior year of High School. The romours floating around were HORRIBLE!!!! I got out around noon from school and was out looking for a job. I was at "Fox" cabinet watching the new with everyone in the shop.

rumors..and ridiculous press speculation. :confused:  I was honestly scared for a brief period. One of the networks actually mentioned the army ammo plant about 10miles from here being a target. All speculation!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Livingmylife93

I was in 3rd grade....

My dad is a firefighter in DC and he was at the pentagon putting out the fire for 36 hours straight...

It was a rough day for me and my family, and half of my family lives in NYC so...

DECEPTiON21

I was getting ready for school (8th Grade). I remember the whole scene and exactly where i was standing when i saw the second plane hit. I live in AZ so by the time i was at school the other planes were crashing down.
05 660R with some stuff

06 2500 CTD on Rockstars

Langford

I was in Study Hall trying to catch a nap before physics class started (Junior Year in Highschool).  I saw bits and pieces on the channel one news (nationwide highschool news program), but it didn't really sink in what was going on.  After I woke up a little more, I cought on to the situation and decided to skip the rest of the day and go out to lunch with a few friends to watch everything on TV.  I didn't realize how bad the situation was until the second plain hit, after that I was glued to the TV for the next 24 hours. 
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

yfm700lover

i was 18 fresh out of highschool  living in reno at the time. was working a 6pm-2am shift so i didnt get up untill like 10am to like 15 different messages on my phone. turn on the tv was was like holy effin shit. started calling everyone i knew.
06 raptor meny mods!

it not how fast you can go its how fast you get going!