Lucas oil stabilizer

Started by socalrappy700, September 11, 2008, 07:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

Has anyone used Lucas oil Stabilizer in their 700?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

negative, and sorry I didn't get to you last night about it, didn't get the VM/Text until 9:30

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

yeah, well you suck donkey balls.

:lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Is it suitable for wet clutch applications? And why do you want to use it?
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on September 11, 2008, 07:54:37 AM

That is my question.  And I've had great luck with it in my car and my friends truck.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 11, 2008, 08:08:29 AM
Quote from: preddy08 on September 11, 2008, 07:54:37 AM

That is my question.  And I've had great luck with it in my car and my friends truck.

Its good stuff, but DONT USE IT in diesels with High pressure oil pumps for the injectors. It causes foaming and just reeks havoc on the pumps. That and dont use it in cars that have oil leaks. We used it in my buddies cj-7 with a 327 in it and it blew out ALOT of seals. It raised the oil pressure by about half also.

If you using it in the oil, to make the oil better, then why not just use a better oil? Its just a bandaid fix for cheap oil.

socalrappy700

I'm using great oil, I just wanted to know if this would make a good addition to it.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 11, 2008, 08:17:30 AM
I'm using great oil, I just wanted to know if this would make a good addition to it.

If oils needed more additives in it to make it better than dont you think that Amsoil or alike would have done it already??

I put 25,000 mile amsoil in my old mans 03 f-150 with 95,000 miles and right now we are sitting at 20,000 miles on the oil and it has only burned less than a quarter quart and looks golden brown!!!

Good oil will get the job done!

socalrappy700

Thats what I'm going to run again.  I had yamalube last time but this time I picked up amsoil.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 11, 2008, 08:26:07 AM
Thats what I'm going to run again.  I had yamalube last time but this time I picked up amsoil.

Best oil I have ran is bel-ray tumper 20-50! right now I am runnin Amsoil 10-40 and am happy with it.

socalrappy700

where do you find bel-ray?  I don't think I've seen that.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 11, 2008, 08:31:47 AM
where do you find bel-ray?  I don't think I've seen that.

Rocky mountain ATV sells it. I have been using Amsoil only because my buddy sells it and I get it cheap. Bel-ray is about 9 bucks a quart.

socalrappy700

Which one would you say is better then the other?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 11, 2008, 08:49:03 AM
Which one would you say is better then the other?

Either one would do the job just fine! Amsoil does'nt stay as clear as long as the bel-ray. I got kennys valve now and oil is way cleaner for way longer. I would say what ever you can get cheaper.

FYI, my buddy is a Amsoil dealer if you need anything. I got a case of gallon jugs last year and I still have plenty left!

socalrappy700

I'll keep you posted.  Could be an idea if we all meet up for a fall ride.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum