question about sprockets and chains.

Started by Warren, September 10, 2008, 08:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

first questions who makes better quility sprockets then stock? and where can i get them?

mine are ok for now but are showing wear. i'm just wanting to know for when it's time to get new ones.

second question how far can i adjust my chain on my raptor? the line on my swing arm and the line on bearing carrier or, whatever the other line is on, they are almost alined up. i'm assuming this means my chain has strechted quite a bit. or am i wrong? should i be looking into a new chain soon too? 
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Gunz

I've run  Primary Drive, JT,  and Renthal sprockets. The life on them is all the same. Primary Drive and JT are about half the price of Renthal and survive just as long. The type of chain you get is the key to longevity. i.e. standard, o-ring, x-ring. Whatever you get (renthal, DiD, Primary), at least spend the money and get an o-ring. If you can, splerge and get an x-ring. On o-ring will last 10 times longer then a standard and an x-ring will last twice as long as an o-ring. hope this helps.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Peelz

I bought the cheapies and so far...just OK. Sprockets are perfect, but the chain is a bit sticky in spots. No problems, but next time I will go up a notch, just for piece of mind. It stretched alot for awhile too.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Danny T

make sure you don't wait til' its too late. i was out trail riding and my chain broke once. got a master link and fixed it, and then i broke again! I was shit out of luck for the rest of the day.

Peelz

Quote from: dmx434343 on September 10, 2008, 10:29:49 PM
make sure you don't wait til' its too late. i was out trail riding and my chain broke once. got a master link and fixed it, and then i broke again! I was shit out of luck for the rest of the day.

been thinking about getting a spare  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Warren

ok thanks guys. i think i will order my stuff when i get back from MI this weekend.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

jwraptor

I personally use Krause Sidewinder sprockets and chains.