Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: MODQUAD PURCHASED  (Read 800 times)

Offline GRAPTOR

• Street Cred: 0
MODQUAD PURCHASED
« on: August 24, 2008, 03:00:24 PM »
OK,
I decided to purchase a modqaud intake with K&N filter just waiting for it to get here.  Just a quick question, I know I will be running without the airbox lid but what about the box I was looking at it and was just wondering how it mounts to the existing airbox? Also I am going to change jetting to 155 main, 125 pilot and two turns out on the air mixture screw any input would be helpful just want to know what I am getting into.  (2005 raptor 350)

Offline GRAPTOR

Re: MODQUAD PURCHASED
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:14:30 PM »
Does anyone know if I can have my airbox lid off if I have the modquad setup?

Offline raptorfireman

Re: MODQUAD PURCHASED
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »
You are in luck. I just put the ModQuad setup on my 05 350. Easiest way to install it is to remove the air box. Loosen the clamp between the carb and airbox, then remove the 2 large screws at the back of the box. Hopefully you bought the setup with the billet adapter. Line up the adapter intake hole with the airbox intake hole and mark the 4 screw holes.....( lol...I said screw holes :lol: :lol:). Once they are marked, you will need to drill the 4 holes out. The billet adapter goes inside the aibox withe rubber gasket side touching the plastic, and the 4 screws go on the outside of the airbox. Tighten them down enough to make a good seal, you don't want a leak around this seal. Now you can remount the airbox and install your K&N. Don't forget to tighten the clamp that you loosened earlier. If you run without the lid, you will need to rejet the carb. Hope this helps. PM me if ya got more questions. :thumbs:
06 YFZ 450
TC Racing Motor (National Series)
TC Racing Exhaust (tuned to motor)
GYTR Air Filter
JB Racing Reinforced Frame
Lost Creek Cycles Steering Stabilizer
Pro Taper Contour Handle Bars
Rath Racing Nerfs,Bumper and Grab Bar
GYTR/Golden West Graphic Kit