Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: My experience with triple buff Haulers.  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
My experience with triple buff Haulers.
« on: August 24, 2008, 12:12:34 PM »
I bought some triple buff haulers yesterday, size 22x11x8 8 paddle on blue lables. First impression, woe these are freakin light. I will weigh them sometime this week, but I'd be real surprised if they weighed more then 10lbs. Now the good and the bad.
  In a dragrace these babies are flat out badass. The traction is insane, really hard to keep the front end down in 2nd and 3rd and impossible good take offs (stock swinger, stock gear, 225lb rider, mods below). I smoked alot of bikes with em though. YZ450 2wheeler, trx480 w/goodies, .60 over banshee w/drag pipes and other junk.  between 1-10 I give them a 10 hands down the best for drag.

In the trails (sand) these are really not the best tire to run with. They want to stay staight so you really got to through your body around to control them, hince quicker to fatigue point. You really got to watch out for branches too, cause these sidewalls are thin. Between 1-10 I give them a 4 on sand trails.

On the dunes these babies will tear up a hill like they own it. They almost took the challenge out of hill climbing. Here's the BIG problem with these, you can't turn worth a crap. I couldnt help but feel like I was going to get tossed everytime I tried to cut hard. If I tried to hit the throttle and swing the rearend around, they would grab and pull the front up. Didn't matter 1st, 2nd, or 3rd still no good. I'm a big boy and can own a bike, but these tires owned me all day. Hill climbing I give them a 10. Turning at any speed I give them a 5 (thats being kind).

Now wheeling and jumping, these are really nice. I could ride out wheelies in 2nd and 3rd as long/far as I wanted without a problem. I could even pull a 4th gear wheelie under the right conditions. Landing jumps was pretty good too. The landing was soft and straight. If I landed 1 wheel first the bike wouldnt shoot off in another direction like my Edges can do sometimes. I give them a 10 for wheelies and an 8 for jumping.

All in all these are drag tires and thats about it. I couldnt stand the fact that I had troubles turning in everything I did (to much traction). Im going back to me Edges for an all around sand tire. I like to swap ends on a blip and cut hard whenever I want too, with the Haulers I can't. I even like my Itp's (even though they're heavy) over the Hauler triple buffs for an all around tire. I'm going to keep these and put em on a 6-10" swinger for dragracing only.

I hope this helped some of you guys out. I'll go and get some pics and a weight here in a minute.

Side note, had it my head they were Extremes, they are actually Haulers. So the 5 people that read this already, sorry.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:12:35 PM by 4gunz4x4z »

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
Re: My experience with triple buff Haulers.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 01:08:36 PM »
I tried to weigh them, but my scale wouldn't register them.  ???

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 04:20:19 PM »
to light :grin_nod: :lol:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »
fill em' with helium and you're all set!!!

Great Write-Up man!!! I was looking @ getting some haulers or some straight paddle. but I may just stick w/ my Sand stars seeing I don't dune that often

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline 1FST690

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »
Awesome write up and I agree with the turning. Sometimes if you air up to around 8-10 lbs they will spinn easier in soft sand and hookup beter in heavy sand. just some FYI.
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 07:43:49 PM »
I was floating all day. Imagine with helium I would've floated away to never neverland. doh :grin_nod:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Warren

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 04:53:54 AM »
I was floating all day. Imagine with helium I would've floated away to never neverland. doh :grin_nod:

i bet you want to float away to neverland.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

but anyway nice right up. that's weird the scale won't register the tires though.  ???
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 06:16:27 AM »

You could weigh yourself & then weigh yourself holding a tire & subtract the difference. 

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 07:53:23 AM »

You could weigh yourself & then weigh yourself holding a tire & subtract the difference. 

I'll tell you that that does'nt work so great. I did that then got a fishign scale and weighed it again and the bathroom scale was 2.5 lbs off of a 16 lbs tire.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 08:09:33 AM »

I'll tell you that that does'nt work so great. I did that then got a fishign scale and weighed it again and the bathroom scale was 2.5 lbs off of a 16 lbs tire.
Ok scratch that idea   :lol:

Offline RaptorR

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
Ive had my 22x11x8 10 paddle extreme ultra lights for over 2 years now and I wouldnt use anthing else.... Personally I love them on the trails and dont find any problem with them at all but im serious about the Treeshots and manuevering isnt a problem at all..... but I weight 165 so that ass end is a little lighter.

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 09:04:57 PM »
Ive had my 22x11x8 10 paddle extreme ultra lights for over 2 years now and I wouldnt use anthing else.... Personally I love them on the trails and dont find any problem with them at all but im serious about the Treeshots and manuevering isnt a problem at all..... but I weight 165 so that ass end is a little lighter.
n00b

Offline RaptorR

• Email
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 09:15:43 PM »
n00b

Thats what you think :lol: and your sporting a YFZ :rofl:

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 09:21:43 PM »
n00b

Thats what you think :lol: and your sporting a YFZ :rofl:

yes i do think your a n00b and i love my yfz :clap: :lol:

Offline RaptorR

• Email
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 09:31:53 PM »
 :bs:  :grin_nod:

Enough of the thread jacking....    Nice write up 4Gunz :thumbs: