Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: eew =/  (Read 4164 times)

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
eew =/
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:11:46 AM »
so yesterday i decided to head to my local dealership and look at some quads and such... they had a new o8 yfz and the guy said to go ahead and sit on whatever we wanted so i popped a squat on it... im only 5'6" and the thing felt too small for me! it was extremely narrow and felt really wierd. so i went to the kfx450 sitting next to it. it had the same narrow feel to it but for some reason it didnt feel as cramped as the yfz. the seat on the yfz was alot softer but the kfx was more comfortable if that makes sense... not trying to bash the yfz at all but i now know what people mean when they say that they feel cramped on one.

they also had a sweet freakin 08 r-6 that was yellow and had black flames on it. it was extremely sharp looking and now ive determined that when i can, im getting one  :clap:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: eew =/
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:59:50 AM »
my buddies KFX is nice(08 all blacked out :grin_nod: ), but still cramped for me (Spoiled by Raptor).  The seat is hard as FERK, but I was standing on it most of the time anyway.  The KFX is ultra nimble IMO, even more so than the YFZ.  It also jumps level and is flickable mid air.  I'm not overly impressed with the power in three mod form (Dasa, Fuel Atv intake, PC3), and I haven't seen a Cam that makes much of an overall improvement to make a 4th mod worth while. 

Overall It's a great bike, and until Yamaha gets off there asses on putting FI on the YFZ, it's a great trail and track bike.

Aaron

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 12:18:58 PM »
so yesterday i decided to head to my local dealership and look at some quads and such... they had a new o8 yfz and the guy said to go ahead and sit on whatever we wanted so i popped a squat on it... im only 5'6" and the thing felt too small for me! it was extremely narrow and felt really wierd. so i went to the kfx450 sitting next to it. it had the same narrow feel to it but for some reason it didnt feel as cramped as the yfz. the seat on the yfz was alot softer but the kfx was more comfortable if that makes sense... not trying to bash the yfz at all but i now know what people mean when they say that they feel cramped on one.

they also had a sweet freakin 08 r-6 that was yellow and had black flames on it. it was extremely sharp looking and now ive determined that when i can, im getting one  :clap:

is that what you do on Kyle? :lol:

I feel the same about the yfz, feels too small and cramped for this old guy. Uncomfortable on my back. Might be fixed with some high bend bars?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 01:40:22 PM »
maybe i dunno lol... it was nice but it felt too uncomfortable for the kind of riding i do... and yea colorado the kfx seat is HARD! i still want a kfx cas i really like the small frame and lightweight of the 450s and that one has efi reverse and it looks totally ba

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »
it fits fine for this midget :clap: :clap:

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 02:54:51 PM »
i was a little surprised cas im not that tall and i felt like a gigantor on it

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 03:12:56 PM »
and we know your definitley not since you ride a 350

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »
i know im not im 5'6"... thats not tall but i felt it on a yfz but for some reason not the kfx

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 03:16:58 PM »
i know im not im 5'6"... thats not tall but i felt it on a yfz but for some reason not the kfx
most people buy a +1 stem regardless of height for some reason. It's just my personal preference.

and i feel soooo comfortable on it

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 03:17:47 PM »
maybe that was it... it wasnt necessarily that i felt cramped just like hunched over or something wierd... its hard to explain but im sure a bigger stem wouldnt hurt at all

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 03:19:17 PM »
maybe that was it... it wasnt necessarily that i felt cramped just like hunched over or something wierd... its hard to explain but im sure a bigger stem wouldnt hurt at all
yup hunched over= a taller stem and its all good :clap: :clap:

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 03:19:50 PM »
maybe ill just take urs, im sure its too big anyway  :lol:

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 03:22:08 PM »
you wouldnt be able to handle the power 8)

Offline exentix

• Email
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 03:22:30 PM »
bitch whatever  :lol:

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email