Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: XC RIDERS HARE SCRAMBLE - Karlstad, MN  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
XC RIDERS HARE SCRAMBLE - Karlstad, MN
« on: August 21, 2008, 07:50:23 AM »
XC RIDERS HARE SCRAMBLE - Karlstad, MN
Sunday, September 21st, 2008

www.xcriders.com

Our XC Riders Hare Scramble is a fun event for all classes: Youth Bikes, Youth ATVs, Motorcycles, Sport ATVs, and even 4-Wheel Drive (Utility) ATVs.

Never ridden in a hare scramble before? Then this event is for you! The cost is minimal, all the classes we run are OPEN classes, there is no sound testing, and no numbers plates are required on your machine. Most of the riding will be through narrow wooded trails, some in open fields, and some on a motocross track.

Please bring your own food and beverages for the day (there may be some limited concessions). NO ALCOHOL ON GROUNDS PLEASE.

$35 per rider ($15 for youth riders), spectators and pit crew are FREE.

Please visit the website for more information and updates at www.xcriders.com

Note that the event is being held on a Sunday afternoon this year, and don't forget to forward this to your friends

Event Day Schedule

SUNDAY, SEPT 21st, 2008
        11:00am to 2:00pm - Registration for all classes.
                      Number of classes will be determined on event day.
        12:30pm - Youth Motorcycle and Youth ATV Driver's meeting.
        1:00pm - Youth rides start in waves. All youth must be at the gate at 1pm!
                      Youth will ride for different time limits set on event day based on what
                      the parents want, but no longer than 1 hour. (See finishing proceedure.)
        2:30pm - Adult Motorcyle and Adult ATV Driver's meeting.
        3:00pm - All Adult Classes start in waves. Everyone must be at the gate at 3pm!
                      Adults will ride for 2 hours. (See finishing proceedure.)
        6:00pm - Recognition of Times

I just noticed the "Recognition Of Times" is 6 p.m.  on a sunday night  ::)  Kind of a pain in the ass for people that live 5 hours away & need to be at work on Monday  :mad:
Last year the "Recognition Of Times" was 3 p.m. on a saturday  & shortly after I was headed home 

2007 pics
http://www.xcriders.com/albums/HareScramble2007/

2005 vid
 http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=8161574278625754534&hl=en
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:39:40 AM by Bert »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: XC RIDERS HARE SCRAMBLE - Karlstad, MN
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »
I'd be interested more if it wasn't on a Sunday. That really sucks, and I've expressed the same concern for the D23 Hare Scrambles as well.. Saturdays I feel would bring more people from farther away especially.

You should just come to North Field w/ me Bert the following weekend. 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline fredyd

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 08:23:44 AM »
Looks like a good time. I love mud. Hope you guys get a good turn out.

Offline Bert

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 11:21:29 AM »
I'd be interested more if it wasn't on a Sunday. That really sucks, and I've expressed the same concern for the D23 Hare Scrambles as well.. Saturdays I feel would bring more people from farther away especially.

That's a possibilty, I have that weekend off.  I believe I'm working on Sunday the 14th for a guy.  I switched Sundays with him to get Sunday the 21st off for the XCRiders event.  I was to lazy earlier to search for a D23 link/schedule, you have one Krandall?

My only concern is looking like a super puss on the MX track portion of the Hare scramble, MX scares me  :lol:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »

That's a possibilty, I have that weekend off.  I believe I'm working on Sunday the 14th for a guy.  I switched Sundays with him to get Sunday the 21st off for the XCRiders event.  I was to lazy earlier to search for a D23 link/schedule, you have one Krandall?

My only concern is looking like a super puss on the MX track portion of the Hare scramble, MX scares me  :lol:

@ the Northfield track there isn't an MX section. Even @ the one I raced @ in Hixton. The only MX part we were on was a small burm. and then a set of small jumps to wide to clear. so you had to kind of roll through them.

http://www.armca.org/venue/quadHS_home08.htm

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Bert

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 08:16:07 AM »
Karlstad is too far away for a sunday race  :rolleyes:
Undecided on Northfield as of now, I might just be happy to watch  :lol:(pussy)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:17:38 AM »

i agree, bert  :help:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Bert

• Email
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 09:18:11 AM »

i agree, bert  :help:
Stock '06 shocks not offering the ride I'm looking for, where's my checkbook  :rofl:

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 12:13:48 PM »
When are you getting your new setup?
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Bert

• Email
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 05:08:58 PM »
IDK, my motorcycle has taken over my short term finances 
My tires will be mounted next Tuesday & then the insurance is due  :thud:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 03:55:54 PM »
Apparently, there is a hare scramble in Mt Pleasant Ia tomorrow. Right down the road from here. Cant find anything about it though. Too chicken to enter, don't wanna wreck before the dunes    :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Bert

• Email
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »
One corner is all it takes & oops, everything is bent  :lol:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 08:32:04 PM »
One corner is all it takes & oops, everything is bent  :lol:

and...vacation cancelled. :lol: No way, been planned since we left the dunes a year ago.  :grin_nod:

Offline Bert

• Email
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 09:00:47 PM »
Apparently, there is a hare scramble in Mt Pleasant Ia tomorrow. Right down the road from here. Cant find anything about it though. Too chicken to enter, don't wanna wreck before the dunes    :lol:
Did you watch the race today Peels?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 12:09:23 PM »
Did you watch the race today Peels?

nope, couldn't figure out where it was at. Besides, I had plenty of crap to do around the house, anyway.