Brake pads gone after 1 Ride.

Started by Livingmylife93, August 14, 2008, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

My old brake pads where worn down to the metal and slightly eaten through the metal. It kinda tore up the rotor with those ones on there. Then i put brand new EBC brakes on and went on 1 ride. I only used them like once during that ride, so they didnt really even get used. And now they are worn away again. Do i need to get a new rotor so this doesnt happen again?  :help:

shookie

did you blead the lines i think that your suposed to do that when you change pads
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

preddy08

Quote from: shookie on August 14, 2008, 04:08:42 PM
did you blead the lines i think that your suposed to do that when you change pads

You dont need to bleed the brake lines unless you open up the acutal brake bleeder.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Gunz

From experience, EBC's dont hold up very well to wet sand, hell nor do any of them for that matter. I've had brakes last only 10-12 hrs before they're toast. What terrain were you riding in?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Livingmylife93

Bert

If your rotor was grooved the new pads had to wear in or seat & that will burn up some of the pad.  Could it be an installation error.  I installed a shorty parking brake lever & it was out of adjustment & boiled my brake fluid(brake fade). I just got a 2007 rotor (cross drilled) for my 06 for $40 & new pads. Currently the PB cable is disconnected  ???

Check out DP-Brakes.com

Livingmylife93

Bert

:lol: Yea that's not good, you should replace it.
I ordered my rotor from Bike Bandit

Livingmylife93