idling down low on decleration(sp).

Started by Warren, August 13, 2008, 06:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

my raptor is idling really low when i'm coming to a stop from 5th gear full throttle. it's so low that i can't' even hear my engine running. i kept burping the throttle to make sure it was still running. what is the deal?  ???
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Livingmylife93

Maybe its just that its so loud when it in 5th at full throttle then you let it idle it sounds waaaaaay quiet  ???

Peelz

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on August 13, 2008, 07:24:56 PM
Maybe its just that its so loud when it in 5th at full throttle then you let it idle it sounds waaaaaay quiet  ???

+1 and.... :rofl:  that's a good one. I have been there!  "is thing running?"  :lol: nope, just deaf.

Is idle changed when remapping? could have lost something. Just up the idle speed screw up.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Warren

Quote from: Peels660 on August 13, 2008, 08:14:45 PM

+1 and.... :rofl:  that's a good one. I have been there!  "is thing running?"  :lol: nope, just deaf.

Is idle changed when remapping? could have lost something. Just up the idle speed screw up.

i'm not sure i want to go messing with the idle just yet. because it just started doing this tonight. i havn't noticed it until now.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Bert

Quote from: warren on August 13, 2008, 08:24:52 PM

i'm not sure i want to go messing with the idle just yet. because it just started doing this tonight. i havn't noticed it until now.
To start I'd look at the air filter & spark plug.  Maybe peek in the exhaust as well  ???
Hopefully all looks good

Warren

Quote from: Bert on August 14, 2008, 06:03:56 AM

To start I'd look at the air filter & spark plug.  Maybe peek in the exhaust as well  ???
Hopefully all looks good

you saying maybe the air filter is just dirty? because i havn't clean it yet since the last trail ride.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Bert

Quote from: warren on August 14, 2008, 07:05:37 PM
Quote from: Bert on August 14, 2008, 06:03:56 AM

Hopefully all looks good

you saying maybe the air filter is just dirty? because i havn't clean it yet since the last trail ride.
Maybe  :lol:    Maybe your just noticing it now for the 1st time  ???
You could pull the plug & take a look too & make sure everything is on the up and up