Need a 8' whip

Started by Gaber, August 11, 2008, 11:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaber

Upcoming dune trip, and I need a 8' whip.  I keep coming across only a 6'?  Best place to buy online including the spring mount?  Thanks 

Peelz

Quote from: Gaber on August 11, 2008, 11:46:02 AM
Upcoming dune trip, and I need a 8' whip.  I keep coming across only a 6'?  Best place to buy online including the spring mount?  Thanks 

what dunes? LS Oklahoma sells them at various stores in town. Try rmatv?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

jwraptor

lsps online should have some.

Gaber

Quote from: Peels660 on August 11, 2008, 11:54:51 AM
Quote from: Gaber on August 11, 2008, 11:46:02 AM

what dunes? LS Oklahoma sells them at various stores in town. Try rmatv?

Going to Kermit Dunes in TX.  I tried RMATV, but found only a 6'.

Gaber

Peelz

Quote from: Gaber on August 11, 2008, 12:11:19 PM
Quote from: jwraptor on August 11, 2008, 11:56:11 AM
lsps online should have some.

lsps? Who?  ???

little sahara power sports sells some stuff online.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Gaber

I'll call them and see if they can ship one to me.  That reminds me, I need a canopy or I'll fry like bacon out there on L. Day.

Onelunglow

Are you sure you need a 8' whip? Or is the flag suppose to be 8' off the ground. Because a 6 whip would work then.
06 - White Raptor
04 - Green KFX80
92 - White/Blue Banshee
88 - Lt500 Drag quad (ski-doo - 809 installed)

Gaber

Quote from: Onelunglow on August 11, 2008, 01:40:08 PM
Are you sure you need a 8' whip? Or is the flag suppose to be 8' off the ground. Because a 6 whip would work then.

http://kermitsandinc.com/rules.html

Hmm.  Rules say an 8'? :

The following must be observed:

a. Helmets must be worn when operating vehicle.
b. Flags on all vehicles at least (8') in length.
c. All riders must follow there operating handbook and any restrictions that apply to there unit.
d. Riders must ride slow within five hundred feet (500') of parking area.
e. All sandrails must have appropriate harnesses.
f. Quiet time in camp is at 10:00 p.m., vehicles must idle in and out of camp after 10:00 p.m.

I'll have to post up and find out.  I've searched the web, and can't find a friggin 8.  :confused:

Krandall

Gosh, I beleive the ones @ silver lake are 8' too. I'll send this to Ryan (sand84) see if he can confirm.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

gotta be 8' from the ground. If all were 8 dune buggies would be like 15 ft off the ground. LS were 7 or 7.5 ft so they would make 10 ft off the ground. THere is a crossbar at the entrance that your flag must hit in order to be allowed in-10ft.