Best Sand Tires for stock 700r

Started by zx10r203, August 06, 2008, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zx10r203

I new to the quad world.  Been riding street bikes and decided to get a 700r. Most of my riding will be on sand. Like street bike I am sure that there are different tires for different style/purpose. So for sand what would be the best tires?  Seen a good half dozen on different catalogs and site!!

preddy08

Quote from: zx10r203 on August 06, 2008, 02:45:55 PM
I new to the quad world.  Been riding street bikes and decided to get a 700r. Most of my riding will be on sand. Like street bike I am sure that there are different tires for different style/purpose. So for sand what would be the best tires?  Seen a good half dozen on different catalogs and site!!

Do you like to go stright or turn....lol...serious.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Colorado700R

Good question Preddy, also where will you be riding? not all sand is equal.

zx10r203

My bad, it will be a little of both, but mostly straight line and long wide turns.  Sand wise this will be mostly at Oceano Dunes/Pismo.  Closest I got here. 

Colorado700R

I run 22/11/8 7 skat-trak paddle hauler's

grap660

2004 raptor 660 blue, alba racing pipe,pro flow kit,pro design foam filter,jetted,gytr skid plate,razr 2 on rear,monster stickers,

dads 2005 yfz 450 alba edtion,alba racing pipe,alba racing graphics,trinty intake,itp holeshots on rear,tag handle barz,jetted,cam mod

Warren

i have 8 paddle extremes that i use. i only have the big 3 done to my quad and they hook up great. i would think a 7-8 paddle tire would be good for a stock quad.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

zx10r203

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires