Should I stick it in the front or the rear?

Started by Headrope, August 05, 2008, 04:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

I'm going to try out a helmet mounted light this weekend. The light is powered by the quad, so I'll be somewhat tethered to it. Should I wire it so that I plug the light into the front of the quad, or to the rear?
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

pj4553

russ-russ

I would say front would be less of a problem.  Run the wires up to the steering stem and out the center like a tether kill switch then attach them to your body loosely.  I just used my Trail Tech bar mounted lights for the first time last weekend and they were awesome.  10x better than the stock crappy headlights.

Colorado700R

Whew, sometimes being a Moderator means you gotta open Threads with scary titles  :lol:

Troy

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 05, 2008, 07:48:05 PM
Whew, sometimes being a Moderator means you gotta open Threads with scary titles  :lol:

I was wonderin' as well. :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Havn2muchfun

Quote from: Colorado700R on August 05, 2008, 07:48:05 PM
Can't be skeered being a mod in these parts! :rofl:
So many upgrades, so little money.

zx10r203

Quote from: troywcc on August 05, 2008, 09:22:01 PM
liquor up front, poker in the rear :thumbs:

:grin_nod: :thumbs: :clap:

I would definetly put the wires up front.  Easier to mount while sitting on the quad!! I used a coil type cable to wire my camera on my street bike!!

Peelz

I am revisiting this thread because I love the title so much :rofl:

Mount the wires up front, easier to access! :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Bert

When I was a kid pulling weeds in bean fields my boss had a can cooler that said that  :lol:

He also wore mirrored sun glasses so he could look at the youngins bikini's without getting caught  ???

Quote from: zx10r203 on August 06, 2008, 02:13:58 PM

:grin_nod: :thumbs: :clap:

I would definetly put the wires up front.  Easier to mount while sitting on the quad!! I used a coil type cable to wire my camera on my street bike!!

+1 to the coil type cable idea  :thumbs:

kyledvor61

exentix

Quote from: kyledvor61 on August 07, 2008, 07:49:07 PM
damn decieving titles :(
haha you thought they were talking about you again right??