trip to Little Sahara, OK April 3-5 2009. (update in first post 8-11-08)

Started by Warren, July 30, 2008, 05:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

Quote from: warren on August 06, 2008, 04:54:28 AM
ok so like preddy said can we all agree on the weekend of the 4th in April of 2009 (that all sounds wierd. ??? ) but really April 3-5 of 2009 can well all agree on that? it's a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

forget that, I'm talking the whole week! 1st-5th.  :grin_nod:It is on my calendar. Start saving your pennies, fellers!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

Quote from: Peels660 on July 30, 2008, 08:21:30 PM
My vote still for early october. Best weather, less crowds.

Oh, and Warren. You truly are obsessed. Welcome to the club! :thumbs:

Agreed.

Rattlesnake round up is crowded, and the summer months are like being in hell since it's 100+ outside here in Oklahoma in July and August.

October temps are in the 70-80 range, and nights are in the 50-60 range.

October would gets my vote.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Flynbyu on August 06, 2008, 09:39:41 AM

Agreed.

Rattlesnake round up is crowded, and the summer months are like being in hell since it's 100+ outside here in Oklahoma in July and August.

~Brian

A normal day in Ok. in April should be about the same weather. Maybe a tad bit cooler.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

Quote from: Flynbyu on August 06, 2008, 09:39:41 AM

Agreed.

~Brian

I am already going in Oct. so I voted april for second trip. :thumbs: It was high 80's last October, 60's at night.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Warren

ok lets settle on the weekend of april 3-5 in 2009. everyone mark your calenders.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

Quote from: warren on August 06, 2008, 03:21:04 PM
ok lets settle on the weekend of april 3-5 in 2009. everyone mark your calenders.

done...

if others are in, change the first post to reflect the date. I penciled that biotch in on the calendar. So I'm going whether the rest of you go or not. :P  :rofl: :batman:

Warren

ok and i guess we settle on a week already so....lets get a list going to see who wants to go. yes peels you will be the first on that list.  :rofl:
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

racinjason68

I went in april for the last raptor rally and the weekend of rattlesnake... Only paid for 1 day of camping.   I was driving a suv and pulled my 16 foot and slept in the back of the suv.   Remote start was nice for the option of running heater or AC.   Now driving a supercrew may be a little rougher to sleep in.    But as soon as weather cools a bit here and I get the quad back together I am heading back over.   About 2 hour drive from here.    Gonna still be cool the first part of april.  Warm during the days but bring firewood if your gonna camp at night.   They sell wood but gonna cost a fortune to keep a good fire going most of the night.   I say bring a good amout of fire wood.     

I bought a florescent yard light and put on a poll and use a power inverter to power some light off the truck.  In case need some repair light.  Most camp at the site and ride till late night.   Last time we went it was past 3am when we finally came in to catch some sleep and was back up and going by 8....   

they show alot of water on the pics but if there is not much rain befor you go there should not be that much water. There are a few holes that hold water for quite some time and suck at night if your hauling ass... LOL

damn i need to get the quad going.   I am ready to go do some sand racing.   Gotta go need to find the new tires for the rear. 

Anyone need some 10" sand stars?  Only 2 trips on them......   LOL
Gonna be stupid you better be tuff.  

Got duals ?

Warren

so is it just me and peels going on this one or do you other guys want me to throw your name in the list too?
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

racinjason68

Well as of now it sounds fine, but I like to wait till it is a bit closer, with kids, wife, and work.     But for now I will plan on it.   I went this year for the mini raptor rally and met no one from the other site.  Did meet a few raptor riders but none from the site.

Got duals ?

dabigbratj

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Warren

OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

racinjason68

That was pretty nice riding. The rain made for some hard hook ups......    Had a blast racing.  Have a few pics.

Got duals ?

Warren

hey anyone who knows. what kind of food is there avalible around this area of OK?
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

jwraptor

For Breakfast we usually go Miller's cafe.  They have a grocery store in town, Pizza place that was pretty good, gas station that serves pizza which is pretty good and I think there is another place like a steakhouse, and you can get ice cream at specialT's.