Subframe after my wipeout

Started by jwraptor, July 30, 2008, 03:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwraptor

My friends came over and took apart my broken parts.  The subframe was worse than expected.  Both sides of course, snapped in half in between the grab bar and there is a hairline crack at one of the side mounting bolts.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Colorado700R

jwraptor

woohoo just bought a subframe for 163.50 shipped to my door.

Colorado700R

Quote from: jwraptor on July 30, 2008, 05:04:43 PM
woohoo just bought a subframe for 163.50 shipped to my door.

Holy crap!!!   where from??

jwraptor

I went through a dirt wheels magazine and called a bunch of those ads.  One place called me back and said they had located one for me.  I believe the place was called cycles R Us.  I Will let you know what quality when it I recieve the subframe.  I have some subframe parts I can sell to you.   :lol:

Colorado700R

Quote from: jwraptor on July 30, 2008, 06:46:13 PM
I went through a dirt wheels magazine and called a bunch of those ads.  One place called me back and said they had located one for me.  I believe the place was called cycles R Us.  I Will let you know what quality when it I recieve the subframe.  I have some subframe parts I can sell to you.   :lol:

Good to know  :thumbs:

Bert

Is welding a temporary solution or just bad news?

kyledvor61

i thought mine was bad when it was bent :lol:

Colorado700R

Quote from: Bert on July 30, 2008, 10:52:39 PM
Is welding a temporary solution or just bad news?

I've never heard any success to welding the cast aluminum subframe

jwraptor

just bad news  :lol:  I have a friend that is awesome at welding maybe I will see if he can fix it.

Krandall

I hope Paul (Powder Coater) Really looks into a chromoly option for subframes, If it can come close to the price of what it costs to replace an OEM one. He'd have one hell of a market.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on July 31, 2008, 07:40:19 AM
I hope Paul (Powder Coater) Really looks into a chromoly option for subframes, If it can come close to the price of what it costs to replace an OEM one. He'd have one hell of a market.

Do you think it would weigh more?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 31, 2008, 07:55:42 AM

Definately will  :(

Krandall

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 31, 2008, 07:57:40 AM

+1

It's hard to beat the light-weightness (is that a word?) of cast aluminum. But the fact that moly would be 10X stronger. it's a good upgrade for nearly everyone.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 31, 2008, 07:57:40 AM

we would have to see how much.  At some point it would be too much weight. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum