Crank

Started by Sandeater, July 28, 2008, 12:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Well hell, I have really fought the urge to build engines...... I guess I will go ahead and start now. I have all of the Barker cranks available. If you go long rod the +12 will allow you the stock pin height. Anything bigger requires a new piston, but I can do 15,18, and 20 mm strokers and I can trim the counterweights in house. I also expect my first "secret squirrel" cam today or tomorrow, which is the highest lift available for this engine by a long shot  :grin_nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Krandall

Quote from: Kenny on July 30, 2008, 07:36:06 AM
  Well hell, I have really fought the urge to build engines...... I guess I will go ahead and start now. I have all of the Barker cranks available. If you go long rod the +12 will allow you the stock pin height. Anything bigger requires a new piston, but I can do 15,18, and 20 mm strokers and I can trim the counterweights in house. I also expect my first "secret squirrel" cam today or tomorrow, which is the highest lift available for this engine by a long shot  :grin_nod:

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:'

OH F*CKING SH*T SONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: Kenny on July 30, 2008, 07:36:06 AM

Dibbs on the first crazy redneck Kenny build!   :clap:

socalrappy700

Damn!  Let the fun begin!!!!
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Kenny

I had someone lined up to build engines, but he did not want to crack the cases and a couple more insurmountable issues...... My whole product line should be done by the end of August. The plan is to come back from vacation (the beach) and hit it head on. I'm gonna go ahead and start building a shop(3,000 sq ft or so), with a "clean room" for engine assembly. 8)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Colorado700R

Quote from: Kenny on July 30, 2008, 07:49:46 AM
I had someone lined up to build engines, but he did not want to crack the cases and a couple more insurmountable issues...... My whole product line should be done by the end of August. The plan is to come back from vacation (the beach) and hit it head on. I'm gonna go ahead and start building a shop(3,000 sq ft or so), with a "clean room" for engine assembly. 8)

Bout time you turned to the darkside  :lol:  I don't know how much longer I could've kept up with the begging to do my build.  :rofl:

Save me some time in Nov to start a build. , We's gots a mountain to climb kenny !!   :grin_nod:

socalrappy700

Sounds good Kenny.  Now we're going to hold you to that date.

:thumbs:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Kenny

I am trying to set up a jack shaft and mounting system to dyno the motors on a Stuska water brake engine dyno(crankshaft). It will be hard to get used to crankshaft horsepower #'s, but I can get WAY more info by being able to measure actual BSFC, CFM consumed, and be to watch real time timing curves. It also makes teardowns and adjustments way faster. It would be nice to have sufficient data to do some real parts design :grin_nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

jwraptor

what would 20mil make with my 108 bore?  What has to be done to the cases to run this?  What type of rod angle would that create?

Krandall

Are you looking for employees? I'm looking to relocate....  :lol: ;)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenny

Quote from: jwraptor on July 30, 2008, 08:16:59 AM
what would 20mil make with my 108 bore?  What has to be done to the cases to run this?  What type of rod angle would that create?
That would be about 951.704 cc's and a 8 mil longer rod for a r/s ratio of 1.37:1 which is a bit nasty for my taste :lol:
Quote from: Krandall on July 30, 2008, 08:25:08 AM

Are you looking for employees? I'm looking to relocate....  :lol: ;)
???
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

jwraptor

Now is that nasty in a good way or bad way?  What type of maintenance would need to be done? Right now I have a 108 bore with a +8 stroke.

Kenny

Quote from: jwraptor on July 30, 2008, 09:09:54 AM
Now is that nasty in a good way or bad way?  What type of maintenance would need to be done? Right now I have a 108 bore with a +8 stroke.
Bad... It would be one crazy ass torque motor though :grin_nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Krandall

Quote from: Kenny on July 30, 2008, 08:46:15 AM
That would be about 951.704 cc's and a 8 mil longer rod for a r/s ratio of 1.37:1 which is a bit nasty for my taste :lol:

Kenny, What's the stock r/s ratio?

damn.... 951 cc's..... I'm sayin give it a year and publicly there will be 1000cc rappy movin in the sand.  :batman:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Kenny

Quote from: Krandall on July 30, 2008, 10:09:33 AM
Quote from: Kenny on July 30, 2008, 08:46:15 AM

Kenny, What's the stock r/s ratio?

damn.... 951 cc's..... I'm sayin give it a year and publicly there will be 1000cc rappy movin in the sand.  :batman:
The stock R/S ratio is 1.6:1.....If we used a 110 and a +20 it would be a 987. I could use a longer rod and have a larger custom piston made, no sweat. The head flow will be an issue when we get to that size. The highest flowing head I have seen is at 378 cfm (thank you very much), but I don't know that it would sufficiently feed it. :confused:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154