Heads.

Started by Krandall, July 26, 2008, 09:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

So.. I remmeber reading somewhere about someone using a 660 head on a 700... Then, I was reading a back version of QUAD... So.. the grizzly has a 686 FI motor in it. Does anyone know if that as well as the raptor have similar port jobs? ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

RaptorRandy

Quote from: Krandall on July 26, 2008, 09:38:33 PM
So.. I remmeber reading somewhere about someone using a 660 head on a 700... Then, I was reading a back version of QUAD... So.. the grizzly has a 686 FI motor in it. Does anyone know if that as well as the raptor have similar port jobs? ???

I have seen a 700R head and jug on a 660R bottom end but I don't know why anyone would put a 660R  head on a 700R

On the rhino with the 700 EFI engine, the head has a slighly different angle on the exhaust ports and have been used on 700R builds with turbos and custom headers for a better/easier 2 into one set up.

I don't know much about the grizzly so I'm not sure, but I think it shares pretty much the same basic engine as the 700R

Krandall

Quote from: RaptorRandy on July 26, 2008, 11:19:51 PM
Quote from: Krandall on July 26, 2008, 09:38:33 PM

I have seen a 700R head and jug on a 660R bottom end but I don't know why anyone would put a 660R  head on a 700R

On the rhino with the 700 EFI engine, the head has a slighly different angle on the exhaust ports and have been used on 700R builds with turbos and custom headers for a better/easier 2 into one set up.

I don't know much about the grizzly so I'm not sure, but I think it shares pretty much the same basic engine as the 700R

Maybe someone putting a 660 head on a 700 was my imagination...  :lol:

does anyone have any pix by chance of the grizzly head?

While painting tonight, I was having some crazy thoughts.. I'm going to be looking up stock numbers for the grizzly as far as HP. from what I was reading in my mag was the motors are near identical. Same bore, same stroke. both running the same EFI. ect... but. I'd assume (without looking @ the actual numbers) that the grizzly would be slightly higher being a 4x4 and all.... or for all I know they could be the exact same and this thread is worthless. But, . what you stated was what I was wondering. if the chambers whether Intake or Exhaust were in any way modified from that of the rappy.

along with pics. anyone have any stock flow #'s of a grizzly head?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Pw383426

Morgan from RE stated the intake ports on the 700r and the Grizzly heads are identical on the intake, and a little different on the exhaust.,..... but everything else works out the same

Krandall

Quote from: Pw383426 on July 27, 2008, 04:48:53 AM
Morgan from RE stated the intake ports on the 700r and the Grizzly heads are identical on the intake, and a little different on the exhaust.,..... but everything else works out the same

Hmm, Maybe I'll have to give him a call. thx!  8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: