help decide on what paddles look if you ride at silver lake

Started by dabigbratj, July 18, 2008, 10:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dabigbratj

i will be ordering paddles soon was thinking on going 9 paddle.you think i can be fine with 10 paddle haulers and im gonna drop my front gear back to 14t.
mods are
Je 12:5:1
hot cam stage 2
track port and polish
+2 TB
monster duals
trinity intake
pc 3 :clap:
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

RaptorRandy

Quote from: dabigbratj on July 18, 2008, 10:33:15 PM
i will be ordering paddles soon was thinking on going 9 paddle.you think i can be fine with 10 paddle haulers and im gonna drop my front gear back to 14t.
mods are
Je 12:5:1
hot cam stage 2
track port and polish
+2 TB
monster duals
trinity intake
pc 3 :clap:

What is the sand like where you do most of your riding?

dabigbratj

haven't been there yet maybe someone will that has been to silver lake will say something in here

RaptorRandy

If it's dry and fluffy most of the time, with your mods I'd go with the  10 paddle haulers in 22 X 11 X 8 and run the stock gearing  with 6 PSI to start in the rears. Makes some test runs and keep dropping the air pressure till you have the launch your happy/most comfortable with. After making some test runs while there, if you feel you can pull more gear take an inexpensive 15 tooth front sprocket and try that out as well.

Randy

dabigbratj

dabigbratj

was just told it is consistency of sugar and dry as long as it didnt ran and even if it did it was dry within a hour

RaptorRandy

Quote from: dabigbratj on July 18, 2008, 11:20:08 PM
was just told it is consistency of sugar and dry as long as it didnt ran and even if it did it was dry within a hour

I just prefer the 22''  Vs the 20''     Either way you go the 10 paddles IMHO will be a good choice for you  :thumbs:

Randy

dabigbratj

ok well ill give it till monday befor i order thanks randy and why do you prefer taller tire just cause lol :clap:

RaptorRandy

I think the taller tire with a little more sidwall gives me better floatation and traction for the type of duning I do on the Oregon coast. The increased ground clearance helps me out in the soft sand down in the tree shots as well. The bottom line is, for me the 22's give me the best all around combo for duning and hillshooting. Others may have different results and prefrances for the area's they dune in.

Randy

dabigbratj

ok that is a good reason we will see when i get ready to order may go with like a 21 also it seems like i will do fine with a 10 paddle tire if not i will tough it out then sell them and drop to a 9 paddle ::)

Peelz

What's up Jake? Glad to see ya on the dark side. :grin_nod:

You are definitely making enough power to handle 10 paddles.  :thumbs:

But, 22 inch would really be better for drags. Duning I prefer smaller. But, then again, I only have a "tiny" 660, no giant bore job. More power would be alot different.
Wish I could make it to silver lake, but my trip to OK is only 2 weeks after it, so I will more than likely need to save some more dough. There is still a slight chance, though.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

dabigbratj

hey man long time no talk we need to ride again.after talking with some people and one that rides there often and has almost all my mods said to go with a 9 paddle at least a 21 thanks everyone :clap:

Peelz

Quote from: dabigbratj on July 19, 2008, 06:58:23 PM
hey man long time no talk we need to ride again.after talking with some people and one that rides there often and has almost all my mods said to go with a 9 paddle at least a 21 thanks everyone :clap:

Will this be your first dune trip. If so, I await your mental illnes that comes after riding the dunes. It is all you think about.

Hey find a good spot to meet halfway and ride, and I'll go. Badlands is a bit too far anymore, but that was fun, even with the crash. :rofl:

You have GPS? Put in "Loraine, Illinois" for the town. See how far it is for you. There is a park (farm) there. I hear it is alright. $10 a day. Some farmer just lets you ride all his land. I think it may be quite a ways away from you guys though.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

dabigbratj

yea first dune trip and yea chet and i talked about goin to Loraine.id go there let me know when any other places close to you?