How much does a GYTR pipe affect it w/o a fuel commander?

Started by Livingmylife93, July 16, 2008, 08:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDX Raptor

That was not directed at you rather Yamaha and their BS answers. I would be willing to bet any amount of money that if you dyno'd a raptor with Gytr exhaust, and intake it would run lean. I have a dyno tune and the fuel cells were raised considerably over stock settings. Think about it 1) Why does the bike run like crap and pop? 2) Why would you need and after marker controller for other brands and not GYTR? 3) Don't believe everything Yamaha tells you. They are looking out for THEIR best interest not yours. I just don't want this kid to burn up his quad when a $100 used Dobeck would keep his bike safe and increase power.
Charlie

kyledvor61

Quote from: PDX Raptor on July 18, 2008, 09:32:03 PM
That was not directed at you rather Yamaha and their BS answers. I would be willing to bet any amount of money that if you dyno'd a raptor with Gytr exhaust, and intake it would run lean. I have a dyno tune and the fuel cells were raised considerably over stock settings. Think about it 1) Why does the bike run like crap and pop? 2) Why would you need and after marker controller for other brands and not GYTR? 3) Don't believe everything Yamaha tells you. They are looking out for THEIR best interest not yours. I just don't want this kid to burn up his quad when a $100 used Dobeck would keep his bike safe and increase power.

the bike is even lean from the factory

Headrope

1) I don't want anyone to burn up their quad either. But really, wouldn't any damage done to his motor have already occurred if it has been run for two years without an aftermarket fuel controller as he typed, and the aftermarket controller proponents are correct? And it's possible the popping he is hearing has more to do with him having only run the engine for a couple of minutes.

2) If someone has a stock motor and intake, filter etc. but also has a GYTR slip on please do dyno it. We would have more to go by.

3) Give me some credit. I do believe in Yamaha parts and it's customer support teams. But I'm not a stooge falling for the Yamaha line.

Anyway, as I typed before: It's the great debate. Feel free to argue amongst yourselves and form your own opinions.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Livingmylife93

It does not pop and backfire and stuff once its warmed up

kyledvor61

Bert

kyledvor61

Quote from: Bert on July 20, 2008, 12:14:28 AM
Quote from: kyledvor61 on July 19, 2008, 11:47:54 PM
Quote from: Livingmylife93 on July 19, 2008, 10:06:09 PM
It does not pop and backfire and stuff once its warmed up

:owned:

shoulda got a 450 :clap:
:lol:  Its all good & its got reverse

whoops i read it wrong, maybe i was reading what i wanted to read. :lol:

still shoulda got a 450 :clap:

FoundArealQuad

DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Bert

1FST690

one thing to remember is  elevation will play a role in air/fuel ratio
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

preddy08

Quote from: 1FST690 on July 20, 2008, 09:50:58 AM

Really, then why do so many argue that the rappy will adjust its self for that? (I'm on your side :thumbs:)
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

RaptorRandy

Quote from: preddy08 on July 20, 2008, 10:50:17 AM

Really, then why do so many argue that the rappy will adjust its self for that? (I'm on your side :thumbs:)

The 700R's EFI system with it's air temp & air pressure sensor's can only adjust so much....that's why so many people have no problems with a good tune running fine from sea level to around 7000' After that it simply can not compensate. To expect that would take a more sophisticated system with a mass air flow sensor and an O2 Sensor etc.etc.

Randy

Colorado700R

Quote from: RaptorRandy on July 20, 2008, 11:34:54 AM

The 700R's EFI system with it's air temp & air pressure sensor's can only adjust so much....that's why so many people have no problems with a good tune running fine from sea level to around 7000' After that it simply can not compensate. To expect that would take a more sophisticated system with a mass air flow sensor and an O2 Sensor etc.etc.

Randy

I would say up to 12K Randy, I got Plug chops that confirm  :thumbs: 

I've run the same map in North Central WI (Wausau area) @ 1,200 ft as I am in the mountains around Beuno Vista, CO (12K).

Aaron

FoundArealQuad

DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

RaptorRandy

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 20, 2008, 12:16:07 PM
Quote from: RaptorRandy on July 20, 2008, 11:34:54 AM

Randy

I would say up to 12K Randy, I got Plug chops that confirm  :thumbs: 

I've run the same map in North Central WI (Wausau area) @ 1,200 ft as I am in the mountains around Beuno Vista, CO (12K).

Aaron

There are exceptions to every rule Aaron....I think 12K would be about the absolute limit for the 700R's EFI system.
Is your map at all lean at Sea level or your normal riding alltitude?