Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Workin' on getting new suspension & I have some questions.  (Read 4454 times)

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
Re: Workin' on getting new suspension & I have some questions.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 08:33:14 AM »
I think you need to ride an ishock kit first then judge :)  :thumbs:

Just because it's cheaper doesn't mean its inferior :)

I did.  I don't just make up my opinions off of cost.   :confused:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »
I think you need to ride an ishock kit first then judge :)  :thumbs:

Just because it's cheaper doesn't mean its inferior :)

I did.  I don't just make up my opinions off of cost.   :confused:
That's crazy talk!

I have the ishock kit and I wouldn't look back. I can't justify spending upwards of 2k on suspesion.

+1 I don't get to ride enough to justify it. I mean absolutely no offense by this, socal. It just would tear me up inside to have to look in my garage and watch the dust settle on a 2k dollar susp. setup. I want to so bad, though. Since I don't get much ride time, unfortunatley, I must include cost with my opinions. It has to be a good value, not just the best. I shock seems to be middle of the road, therefore a decent value. Though, really I would like a good multiple spring rate shock.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 09:36:01 AM »
The new ishock kits you CAN get multi rate springs, I wish V2 would chime in, somewhere on RF he had posted that anyone now could upgrade to tripple rate springs :wootwoot:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 09:36:38 AM »
The new ishock kits you CAN get multi rate springs, I wish V2 would chime in, somewhere on RF he had posted that anyone now could upgrade to tripple rate springs :wootwoot:

cool, didn't know that  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »
But how much would it be to upgrade to triple rate springs?  My set up was 600 more then the ishock kit and if you upgrade the ishock to triple rate the difference would be even less.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
But how much would it be to upgrade to triple rate springs?  My set up was 600 more then the ishock kit and if you upgrade the ishock to triple rate the difference would be even less.

I beleive the new sets all come standard now with tripple rate. If you have an old set you can upgrade.

I think the cost is $100-ish.. I will find out.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »

I beleive the new sets all come standard now with tripple rate. If you have an old set you can upgrade.

I think the cost is $100-ish.. I will find out.

that wouldn't be too bad, then.

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 10:06:03 AM »
i have full flight arms and snagged a pair of fox podium x shocks off of ebay for $249.......total? $600 for a nice front end.....just keep your eyes peeled for a deal.

[attachment deleted by admin]
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »
i have full flight arms and snagged a pair of fox podium x shocks off of ebay for $249.......total? $600 for a nice front end.....just keep your eyes peeled for a deal.

+1 is the ride better than stock. My main reason for wanting to upgrade is that my rappy beats me up in my shoulders and forearms. Turns somewhat OK stock, just rough and bouncy.

it looks like it sits too low in the front on your avatar. Is that where the podiums put it, or did you lower it?

Offline pj4553

• Street Cred: 0
  • Rapticles..
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »

Ok besides the shocks and arms, what else did you need to buy to install them? Thats really what I've been tryint to figure out.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 10:57:08 AM »
If you buy a-arms new you will get everything you should need. If you buy used make sure you get bushing, tie rods, and balljoints. And shocks are shocks.......

If it were me I would look out for some used YFZ part outs. You could get a decent setup for under 1000 bones.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 10:23:40 PM »

Ok besides the shocks and arms, what else did you need to buy to install them? Thats really what I've been tryint to figure out.
If you have bar risers & wider a-arms that would require longer brake lines?
What about brake line clamps to mount the lines to  a-arms?

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 10:26:35 PM »
Check with Dave @ JD Performance for A-arms & accessories?
I've been eyeing them up  :lol:

Offline V2PRODUCTS

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 03:29:33 PM »
1. I would skip on the YFZ450 shocks. If you want the suspension to work right you will need the shocks valved and sprung to your specs.

2. You will not get anymore wheel travel by revalving the YFZ450 shocks

3. SKIP YFZ450 shocks and get a set of aftermarket shocks. Good ones can be purchased for $750.00 or so.

All i-shock kits ...... LONG TRAVEL and STANDARD travel now come with a dual spring setup. The main spring is progressive and the shocks have adjustable crossovers. You can upgrade the old shocks to a dual spring setup. REMEMBER This is a dual spring ..... NOT DUAL RATE ..... it is even better then tripple rate as the main spring is progressive.

Offline V2PRODUCTS

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 03:36:21 PM »

I can sell COMPLETE long travel kits at GREAT PRICES. These kits come with a-arms, ball joints, tie rods, shocks, instructional dvd,steel braided brake lines, ball joint press tool, and a life time warrenty. The long travel shocks are 6 WAY ADJUSTABLE ....
1. adjustable high speed compression
2. adjustable low speed compression
3. adjustable pre-load
4. adjustable crossovers
5. adjustable rebound
6. adjustable anti-bottoming technology

All kits ... long travel, standard travel and shocks will be valved to the riders specs before shipping. You cannot beat the prices i can get. PLUS these kits work. Dont waste your money on other kits or name brands. These are highend kits that i am able to offer discounts on due to my relationship with the manufacture. The long travel kits retail for $2400.00 but dont let that scare you. PM me for the REAL DEAL ..........