MegaCycle makin new cams?

Started by preddy08, July 11, 2008, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

A little somethin somethin I found on the other site :clap:

Quote from: balzout;544226

Megacycle has two new cams coming out for the 700, should be avail. first week of August.[/quote]

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Kenny

It's true.....Same lift though, just different duration. Nutless wonders :mad:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

preddy08

Quote from: Kenny on July 14, 2008, 01:42:47 PM

Kenny, you should give them a pair of your :rofl: :rofl: Maybe something big might happen :mad: :rofl: :mad: :rofl:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Kenny

Quote from: preddy08 on July 14, 2008, 01:50:50 PM

Kenny, you should give them a pair of your :rofl: :rofl: Maybe something big might happen :mad: :rofl: :mad: :rofl:
I'm gonna be using mine to grind cams  :grin_nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Bert

That's funny stuff Kenny
What are they gaining with different duration. When the power hits & how long it stays?

Krandall

Probably for the big bore / stroked motors, keep the valves open longer to pull larger amount of fuel?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenny

Yep. They are also finding the lobe separation and installed centerline to be less than ideal on some of their current grinds. You would think that all of these engine pros would have figured it out long ago....... There is so much more they could be doing with the lobes, even with the stock rockers ???
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Colorado700R

Quote from: Kenny on July 15, 2008, 09:25:02 AM
Yep. They are also finding the lobe separation and installed centerline to be less than ideal on some of their current grinds. You would think that all of these engine pros would have figured it out long ago....... There is so much more they could be doing with the lobes, even with the stock rockers ???

Perhaps a new rocker design could achieve what your looking for even with the current lobes  ;)

RaptorRandy

Kenny, you need to come out with an adjustable cam gear to make altering the relationship between the cam and the crank something everyone who installs a camshaft can do easily  :thumbs:   

Randy

Kenny

Quote from: RaptorRandy on July 18, 2008, 02:40:57 PM

Kenny, you need to come out with an adjustable cam gear to make altering the relationship between the cam and the crank something everyone who installs a camshaft can do easily  :thumbs:   

Randy
I have been hustling a cam company for the past few days....I am trying to purchase 500 billets made from 8620 bar stock. I will have my first lobe "master" done next week. It looks like my first cam is gonna be .538" int/.486" exh lift. I am VERY excited about this! No rocker grinding, stock rockers, and the possibility of using existing Ferrea and Kibblewhite springs! I really am gonna get the cam gear done as soon as I grow some hair(money) back :grin_nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

RaptorRandy

Kenny.....I would love to try that new cam grind out along with your custom piston & ring package.
I have a real good baseline on a good repeatable dyno I can go by to show you my gains on my combination  :thumbs:

Kenny

Quote from: RaptorRandy on July 18, 2008, 05:39:22 PM
Kenny.....I would love to try that new cam grind out along with your custom piston & ring package.
I have a real good baseline on a good repeatable dyno I can go by to show you my gains on my combination  :thumbs:
I had you in mind when I ordered my high compression stuff. The 14:1 in your bore size should be here in about 2 weeks :clap:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Kenny

I'm keepin' you in mind with the cam too... I know David's dyno will tell the ugly troof :grin_nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

RaptorRandy

Quote from: Kenny on July 18, 2008, 05:54:38 PM
I had you in mind when I ordered my high compression stuff. The 14:1 in your bore size should be here in about 2 weeks :clap:

Right on Bro.....I need a little more umph, to be able to outrun them big assed Long rod builds my buddies are sportin when they throw them light assed jockeys on em  ::)

RaptorRandy

Quote from: Kenny on July 18, 2008, 05:59:09 PM
I'm keepin' you in mind with the cam too... I know David's dyno will tell the ugly troof :grin_nod:

Yes it will....they don't call it the heart breaker for nothing  ;)  :lol: