Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume VII

Started by Flynbyu, July 09, 2008, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exentix

permit at 16, 6 months later if you have 50 hrs of driving you can get your jr's liscense but full lisence at 18

Colorado700R

Quote from: Peels660 on July 23, 2008, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: exentix on July 23, 2008, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Peels660 on July 23, 2008, 11:58:13 AM
Quote from: preddy08 on July 23, 2008, 11:55:17 AM
Quote from: exentix on July 23, 2008, 11:53:36 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on July 23, 2008, 11:52:32 AM
I couldn't take my test the firt time either.  The parking break wasn't functional on the truck  :mad:
this isnt even the drivin test tho this is the permit so i cant even drive at all yet

LOL, I drove my self to the DMV to get my licence....lolololololo

I did that too. But, couldn't get my permit at 14 because our car had no horn. Then when I did go, I failed the driving test because I drove with one hand on wheel, one one the gear shift. I was liKe "it's a stick shift, lady" no dice, had to come back. :confused:
14 damn!? its 16 here  :(

That blows. Permit at 16. :confused: License at 18?  :mad:
in iowa, 14 to drive with a 21 yr old in the car with you. 16 for license. You could get a school license here to drive to school and back at 14 as well. You lose it if you get caught more than 2 miles out of the way from your route.

That's becuase there's only like for other people in Iowa, not much risk for an accident

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 23, 2008, 12:08:38 PM
Quote from: Peels660 on July 23, 2008, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: exentix on July 23, 2008, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Peels660 on July 23, 2008, 11:58:13 AM
Quote from: preddy08 on July 23, 2008, 11:55:17 AM
Quote from: exentix on July 23, 2008, 11:53:36 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on July 23, 2008, 11:52:32 AM
I couldn't take my test the firt time either.  The parking break wasn't functional on the truck  :mad:
this isnt even the drivin test tho this is the permit so i cant even drive at all yet

LOL, I drove my self to the DMV to get my licence....lolololololo

I did that too. But, couldn't get my permit at 14 because our car had no horn. Then when I did go, I failed the driving test because I drove with one hand on wheel, one one the gear shift. I was liKe "it's a stick shift, lady" no dice, had to come back. :confused:
14 damn!? its 16 here  :(

That blows. Permit at 16. :confused: License at 18?  :mad:
in iowa, 14 to drive with a 21 yr old in the car with you. 16 for license. You could get a school license here to drive to school and back at 14 as well. You lose it if you get caught more than 2 miles out of the way from your route.

That's becuase there's only like for other people in Iowa, not much risk for an accident

4 people...but all on a methamphetamine binge! Greater risk for an accident.

Besides, we saw some places out in Colorado that were just as bad. We went river rafting out there. Not sure where it was, but it was pretty barren. I know we went through a little town called southpark.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

RR34

Quote from: exentix on July 23, 2008, 12:06:59 PM
permit at 16, 6 months later if you have 50 hrs of driving you can get your jr's liscense but full lisence at 18

what the hell is a jr's license?

i get my license at 16 if i do dirvers ed but cant have more than 2 passengers until 17.

i think is class D at 16 and class C at 17 or 18.

im worried that ill take out some cones in my dads big ass truck. :mad: its rediculous what you have to go through to get a licenese nowadays. to get it at 16 her you have to have completed drivers ed, have permit for one year, take a semester long alcohol and drug course at school, 30 hours of dirving 6 of night time, blah blah blah. and have to fill out a log book and checklist of driving techniques and maneuvers.

what a fucking hassle or you can wait till 17 and just go get it but i cant ride the bus for another year hell no
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

exentix

the only thing diff about a jr's lisence is that you can be out between 11pm and 5am... other than that nothing

Krandall

Yeah, in Minn the laws changed just as I went through my drivers ed. got my permit @ 15. had that for a year. had to log 40 hours day driving and 40 hours night driving.

once I turned 16 I got my Provisional license. which you had to go 1 year w. out any tickets or incidents. if you did, you had to wait a year from that date to get your full license.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

shookie

im taking drivers ed in a cupple months its 320$  :confused: I have to take the damn thing to get my license at 16
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

RR34

Quote from: shookie on July 23, 2008, 01:53:57 PM
im taking drivers ed in a cupple months its 320$  :confused: I have to take the damn thing to get my license at 16

im taking it online and its only 99$. the school around here was gonna charge $500 :mad:

exentix

in 10th grade we take it for 1/4 the year and its manditory  ???  and if we pass we can get a discount on our insurance i think  :thumbs:

RR34

ex u gonna be a jun or soph next year?

exentix

Peelz

Quote from: RR34 on July 23, 2008, 02:50:17 PM

im taking it online and its only 99$. the school around here was gonna charge $500 :mad:

wtf!

What in the hell are you gonna learn that way. I bet you're just playin Video Games all day.
My drivers ed was $200 in 1991. We had to learn things about the car itself. What to do if it dies...etc. They made us take apart the air cleaner and battery all kinds of stuff, not to mention the driving time. I'm not knocking you RR. Just drives me nuts that some kids are getting through life not knowing anything.  but how to use a computer. cough,cough- my brother in law-cough.  :grin_nod:

Otay! rant over. Sorry. Back off topic
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Quote from: Peels660 on July 23, 2008, 03:01:52 PM
Quote from: RR34 on July 23, 2008, 02:50:17 PM

wtf!

What in the hell are you gonna learn that way. I bet you're just playin Video Games all day.
My drivers ed was $200 in 1991. We had to learn things about the car itself. What to do if it dies...etc. They made us take apart the air cleaner and battery all kinds of stuff, not to mention the driving time. I'm not knocking you RR. Just drives me nuts that some kids are getting through life not knowing anything.  but how to use a computer. cough,cough- my brother in law-cough.  :grin_nod:

Otay! rant over. Sorry. Back off topic

He's in Georgia, the Driver's ed class has to split car time with the sex ed class  :lol:

RR34

i have my parents to teach me that stuff. and the classroom drivers ed was just instruction and testing. hows that different than doing it online? private driving sessions dont exist around here if thats what you are referring to.

Krandall

Quote from: RR34 on July 23, 2008, 03:31:49 PM
i have my parents to teach me that stuff. and the classroom drivers ed was just instruction and testing. hows that different than doing it online? private driving sessions dont exist around here if thats what you are referring to.

so you don't do behind the wheel w/ an instructor before getting your permit?

We had to take a written test and do.. I think it was 8 hours of Behind the wheel, going through different types of driving. Gravel, Freeway, City, etc. before we got our permit.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once