Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume VII

Started by Flynbyu, July 09, 2008, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

"This war distracts us from every threat that we face and so many opportunities that we could seize," This war diminishes our security, our standing in the world, our military, our economy and the resources that we need to confront the challenges of the 21st century." - Obama

One of the greatest things I've read from any presidential candidate thus far.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

Sweet, not Randy is threatening me...........big man, big man.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on July 15, 2008, 10:10:25 AM
Sweet, not Randy is threatening me...........big man, big man.

I didn't see the threat.  And I think its past time you should back off.  Be the bigger man and drop it.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on July 15, 2008, 10:08:54 AM
"This war distracts us from every threat that we face and so many opportunities that we could seize," This war diminishes our security, our standing in the world, our military, our economy and the resources that we need to confront the challenges of the 21st century." - Obama

I won't even bother to pick that one apart.  Everyone just needs to do their homework.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Agreed.

It seems he does want a timeline to get us out.....McCain really hasn't mentioned much about it.

My vote is still open, I need to hear more.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 15, 2008, 10:22:34 AM

I won't even bother to pick that one apart.  Everyone just needs to do their homework.

Feel free to critisize it. Maybe I shouldn't have put who said it... but it's one of the best things anyone higher up has said  "Hey, there's a problem with us focusing on them we need to worry about us."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

It wouldn't matter to me who said it.  But there are quite a few holes in the statement.  I just stick to the people who support what I think.  Thats not health care or outlawing guns or taking away our riding areas.  I care about gas prices, economy and the housing market.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

I think controlling the Defecit? That has a large play in: Gas Prices, Economy, as well as the housing market. The more they keep borrowing for this war/s. The more we're in debt, the less our dollar is worth.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Krandall

http://www.teslamotors.com/

Check that out!!!!

$100,000 But.. 286mpg    0-60 in 3.9sec  :grin_nod: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:  100% electric

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Flynbyu

I gotta run....Be back in a few.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on July 15, 2008, 10:41:45 AM
I think controlling the Defecit? That has a large play in: Gas Prices, Economy, as well as the housing market. The more they keep borrowing for this war/s. The more we're in debt, the less our dollar is worth.

Gas prices= we are using more then the world has.  If the epa would let us build more refineries that would help.  New fuel source is the way to go.
Housing market=  It was the left side of the room pushing for lighter rules on mortgage to allow poor Americans to get houses that couldn't afford the payment on a fixed interest loan.  This was a HUGE mistake and now we are paying the price.
Economy=  This is a result of the above two problems.  Not the war.  If you tax the SHIT out of the business owner he will NOT hire new people.  On the flip side the war has been good for business.  Do you have any idea how much supplies and hardware that war needs.  You should see the numbers for the contracts the government is handing out....I'm sure Aaron has seen his share.  
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on July 15, 2008, 10:42:42 AM
http://www.teslamotors.com/

Check that out!!!!

$100,000 But.. 286mpg    0-60 in 3.9sec  :grin_nod: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:  100% electric

That is such a hot car!  But I'm not for the electric cars.....still takes work to make the electricity. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Everyone knows there is a problem, so that's not an epiphany IMO.  The real issue is how to disengage without sacraficing the accomplishments made.  If we just walk away from Iraq, we dishonor all those who fought and died over there, becuase we just send out the message that "It didn't matter".  Well to me it matters allot, and there is a whole lot of Vietnam vets that will tell you why thats a horrible idea.  

IMO we need to stop fighting a war based on public and international opinion, and start fighting to win.  We hold our troops to such a high standard of conduct that we disable them to do what is required.   War isn't nice, it's not socially, politically, or emotionally correct, it's hell in every sense of the word.  

I have friends still in the Corp who tell me all the time. "If you want to see the war end, shut off the cameras, and kick out the reporters for a few weeks".  I believe that to be an absolute truth.  Americans have a Hollywood version of what war is and should be scanned in their brains.  

The problem is that image is fiction, the illusion is false, and wars are still a continance of deplomacy by other means.

Aaron

socalrappy700

+1 Very true!

Let our boys play at their level and this will all be over in a few weeks. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum