My new chamber design

Started by Kenny, June 16, 2008, 04:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

Quote from: Silver Bullet on June 24, 2008, 07:40:52 PM
I thought AV stood for A** Vacuum.  :grin_nod:

AV..............................LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

NaturalRaptor

Good info as always Kenny! :thumbs:
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Texas700

Looks like when i get ready to redo my head i'm gonna have plenty of choices.
2006 Raptor 734 12:5to1 piston, hot cam stage III, RF port work, ARP head studs, Kenny +2 TB Bore, I Shock +2 a arms, TCS zero preload shocks, Fasst Flex bars, OMF beadlocks, kenda klaw xcr tires, DR D reverse lever, one industry graphics, Rock nerf bars. FCI Intake, dynatek ignition.

Colorado700R

Quote from: Texas700 on June 25, 2008, 05:36:03 PM

Welcome to the site Texas  :thumbs:

Onelunglow

Quote from: Kenny on June 17, 2008, 09:56:58 AM
Quote from: Krandall on June 17, 2008, 07:33:01 AM
So. Is this all just a testing phase? Or was there enough data logged through your bench flowing a stock head that leads to saying that reworking the chambers will be beneficial?

I mean, I know there's always better ways to improve upon any design. More so just wondering what you saw that suggested this move?  :)
I always want the most compact chamber possible, for the most efficient chamber I can get. The smaller chamber with more quench has much to do with the mixture motion inside the chamber. You may have noticed the gains we are seeing lately with a tighter piston to head clearance. I think we see an average of nearly 2 free hp when we tighten the clearance and take some of the dome off to make the CR the same.
I also always want as small of an intake valve angle (vs piston) as I can get. That is why rolling the head 1.5° will be beneficial. And of course, moving the intake valves away from the cylinder wall reduces shrouding.

Here is what I plan to offer:
The Racers edge head as my entry level head, which is simply the best head for the money. Bar none. It comes cut for +1 valves and has a BB contour CNC valve job, and you can get the Ferrea +1 valves with a custom tulip angle for $35 each!
Price:$500 +parts

My "AV" ported head with +2 valves, which sees substantial increases in flow, and uses an altered airspeed, to be more fitting for a Hotrod. They also use the Ferrea valves with a custom tulip, and the BB contour valve job.
Price: $750 +parts

Then there is this "flagship" head that has all the stops pulled out. It will be welded up everywhere, angle milled, and use offset dowels for head placement.
Price:$1000 +parts

So when will all these heads be available to the public?  :thumbs:
06 - White Raptor
04 - Green KFX80
92 - White/Blue Banshee
88 - Lt500 Drag quad (ski-doo - 809 installed)

Kenny

Quote from: Onelunglow on June 26, 2008, 09:38:12 AM
Quote from: Kenny on June 17, 2008, 09:56:58 AM
Quote from: Krandall on June 17, 2008, 07:33:01 AM
So. Is this all just a testing phase? Or was there enough data logged through your bench flowing a stock head that leads to saying that reworking the chambers will be beneficial?

I mean, I know there's always better ways to improve upon any design. More so just wondering what you saw that suggested this move?  :)
I always want the most compact chamber possible, for the most efficient chamber I can get. The smaller chamber with more quench has much to do with the mixture motion inside the chamber. You may have noticed the gains we are seeing lately with a tighter piston to head clearance. I think we see an average of nearly 2 free hp when we tighten the clearance and take some of the dome off to make the CR the same.
I also always want as small of an intake valve angle (vs piston) as I can get. That is why rolling the head 1.5° will be beneficial. And of course, moving the intake valves away from the cylinder wall reduces shrouding.

Here is what I plan to offer:
The Racers edge head as my entry level head, which is simply the best head for the money. Bar none. It comes cut for +1 valves and has a BB contour CNC valve job, and you can get the Ferrea +1 valves with a custom tulip angle for $35 each!
Price:$500 +parts

My "AV" ported head with +2 valves, which sees substantial increases in flow, and uses an altered airspeed, to be more fitting for a Hotrod. They also use the Ferrea valves with a custom tulip, and the BB contour valve job.
Price: $750 +parts

Then there is this "flagship" head that has all the stops pulled out. It will be welded up everywhere, angle milled, and use offset dowels for head placement.
Price:$1000 +parts

So when will all these heads be available to the public?  :thumbs:
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I'm shooting for the end of July for many of my products 8)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Texas700

Quote from: Colorado700R on June 25, 2008, 06:18:01 PM
Quote from: Texas700 on June 25, 2008, 05:36:03 PM

Welcome to the site Texas  :thumbs:
Man. With all these new raptor spots, i guess i will be on the net three times as long now. Unless RF ends up tanking which its well on its way.
2006 Raptor 734 12:5to1 piston, hot cam stage III, RF port work, ARP head studs, Kenny +2 TB Bore, I Shock +2 a arms, TCS zero preload shocks, Fasst Flex bars, OMF beadlocks, kenda klaw xcr tires, DR D reverse lever, one industry graphics, Rock nerf bars. FCI Intake, dynatek ignition.