WARNING YOUR PM BOX MAY HAVE GOTTEN SPAMMED!!!!!!

Started by Mad Dog, February 07, 2010, 01:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggs59

Quote from: Lady4Fiddy on February 07, 2010, 08:07:42 PM
So after my next scan should I open the results and go through it to find this rogue Trojan? And have it quarantined and removed?

I am just asking this question for others since I haven't got a pm like that. And of course in case it does happen to me.

I don't think you're Anti-VIrus or Mal-Ware/Adware/Spyware will detect it but if it does then yeah I'd quarantine and delete the files. However, if it doesn't locate them then just do a system restore from an earlier date and you should be good to go. You'll know when you get it though because you get a popup that looks like it's running a scan and you'll get a "fake" windows security center popup that shows your firewall/antivirus as being turned off.

There is a way to Manually remove the bad files in your registry....However, I'm not smart enough to figure that out. 

AJ RAPTOR

Quote from: Diggs59 on February 07, 2010, 05:57:30 PM
Quote from: AJ RAPTOR on February 07, 2010, 04:06:47 PM
Quote from: Diggs59 on February 07, 2010, 03:59:24 PM
Quote from: preddy08 on February 07, 2010, 02:00:00 PM
Quote from: Mad Dog on February 07, 2010, 01:02:20 PM
This message came to me via pm, it is spam and potentially harmful to your computer.  I suggest you delete the PM immediately and do not click on the link.

Quote from: ForumTeam on February 07, 2010, 12:21:56 PM
Dear, Mad Dog!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: hxxp://security-tool2010.net/Mad Dog
----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.raptorsource.com.

I did'nt get that PM, but somehow I got that virus. Its kinda nasty, but nothing a system restore point wont take careof. Kinda weid that AVG did'nt pic it up.

Yep, don't have to download any other kind of removers to get rid of it. Preddy speaks the truth. I have Avast and it didn't pick it up either. I have Malwarbytes and Super Anti-Spyware as well and neither of them picked it up after running scans......Simple restore point is all that's needed though.

just what is this thing doing to the pcs ?

It's a rogue Trojan  that sets up "fake" security center on your P.C. and runs "fake" scans that say you're infected. It then asks you to update your p.c. and that's where it becomes a potentail bad infection that's capable of stealing passwords, credit card info etc etc.

oh yeah that great f'n thing i had the same one hit me twice it just helped itself to my pc and it looked like a windows anti-vrius program but it wasnt i ended up getting my pc reformatted both times cause of this thing the guy that did the work said had to run 5 other programs at the same time to get rid of it and then he could wipe the pc clean after getting the files i needed saved and then start from square one again
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
11:1 wiseco high compression piston
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stage 2 dynojet intake kit
stock pipe guts removed
protaper atv highbend bars
kenda knarly tires
0 - +3 team firestick axle
powermadd handgards
alx and gytr skids and nerfs

theres 2 kinds of riders, thouse that ride up to there skill level and thouse who crash down to it.

russ-russ

While I haven't gotten that PM here, I have on several other forums that I belong to.

Magz

Hey!.....

of all the places i got it(message) form YFZsource.

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Yeah, looks like he was only able to make it to 20 people. I see under his user name he tried sending more. But we only allow 20 pm's an hour. he tried for 30 mins to send to more.. dang spammers.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

funyun

Magz

^ just like us.............spammers ignore you also.
don't feel left out funyun. if you want i can give you a virus anytime you want. computer or STD.

Peelz

Quote from: maguilar496 on February 08, 2010, 08:39:27 AM
^ just like us.............spammers ignore you also.
don't feel left out funyun. if you want i can give you a virus anytime you want. computer or STD.

100% satisfaction guaranteed. :thumbs:  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

russ-russ

Peelz

Lady4Fiddy

Yes, I got an email from YFZSource.com telling me that my computer had a virus and I needed to click a link, I DID NOT click the link, but when I opened the email my computer sounded like it was gonna take off! I started running my spybot and it found 117 infections, and I got them taken care of so if you see the email, just delete it DO NOT open it.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D