gearing?

Started by txredxj, May 04, 2010, 10:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony81

I was having the same problem at little sahara but i usualy run a 15 tooth on the front and 20" sand stars and run fine. Went back and put the 22" haulers on and would bog down outa the hole in second gear. Put the 14 tooth on with the 22" haulers and ran great outa the hole. I would try going to a 13 tooth before anything else.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Pro Design intake & K&N filter
Mega Cycle X1 cam
12.5:1 JE piston
Trinity Racing 105.5 mill big bore
Hot Rods 5 mill stroker crank
15 tooth front

txredxj

i put on some sand stars last weekend and they worked fine but when i put the haulers back on bogged out of the hole. aired it up to 8 psi and it got better but i dont like how it feels on the trails, slides out way to easy. back to 4psi and tring to figure out what else i need. maybe some a arms or flexx bars

exentix

Flexx bars are nice :)

Spartan

Steering stabilizer helps a lot. I turned mine way up for sandy trails and it tracked better cause my front wheels weren't getting stuck in the little pits and turning against it.

anthony81

I dont use my haulers for anything but drag racing just cause they hook better outa the hole than the sand stars. I dont like riding with them cause they are hard to turn but once you do they try to slide out from under you. I love the sand stars for riding trails and dunes just not as good drag racing.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Pro Design intake & K&N filter
Mega Cycle X1 cam
12.5:1 JE piston
Trinity Racing 105.5 mill big bore
Hot Rods 5 mill stroker crank
15 tooth front

Krandall

Quote from: anthony81 on May 20, 2010, 06:50:00 AM
I dont use my haulers for anything but drag racing just cause they hook better outa the hole than the sand stars. I dont like riding with them cause they are hard to turn but once you do they try to slide out from under you. I love the sand stars for riding trails and dunes just not as good drag racing.

I would say the exact same thing.

I had haulers on for the first time last year. I really missed my sand stars. For all around general duning (this is @ silver lake...) I think Sand Stars are schweet. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once