best welder

Started by shookie, July 14, 2008, 03:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisGuyAlex

if you buy a mig, you'll want 125 to 135 amps adjustable wire speed and heat, and MUST use gas.....the gasless one's are complete junk and make a mess out of everything....not to mention weaker welds
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Colorado700R

Quote from: ThisGuyAlex on July 15, 2008, 08:24:28 AM
if you buy a mig, you'll want 125 to 135 amps adjustable wire speed and heat, and MUST use gas.....thae gasless one's are complete junk and make a mess out of everything....not to mention weaker welds

+1 no gas = POS  :mad:

ThisGuyAlex

they're pretty much a high dollar soldering iron with no gas.....that rosin core splatters everywhere....
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

UncleBeaner

IMO miller is the only way to go. i have had great experance with these. ive owned them, father has and i use them at work all day. plus their warrenty is better
:beans:

Bert

Quote from: Bert on July 14, 2008, 10:54:50 PM
Quote from: shookie on July 14, 2008, 03:29:30 PM
Im looking at geting a welder this would be my first welder what do you guys think is the best one for the money. I like the millers but damn there to expensive.
A freind told me that Miller makes Hobart & sells them cheaper.
Can any one confirm this?

www.hobartwelders.com/mboard
Get your welding questions answered. This is a welding discussion forum sponsored by Hobart Welders/Miller Electric

shookie

Quote from: Jamie700R on July 15, 2008, 07:41:38 AM
A friend of mine just ordered a Clark mig welder from eastwood.com http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1287&itemType=PRODUCT
It came with everything needed to start welding.
That one is not bad any one know if used mite be the way to go
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own