best welder

Started by shookie, July 14, 2008, 03:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shookie

Im looking at geting a welder this would be my first welder what do you guys think is the best one for the money. I like the millers but damn there to expensive.
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Colorado700R

Tig, Mig, Arch, heli-Arch?? 

I like the Lincoln welders so far  :thumbs:

shookie

whats the differance ha i was looking at a stick one
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs

Colorado700R

Arch welder than  :thumbs:  Diffrent applications for each welder.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welding

dick-84

U dont want a stick welder. Well i hate them. I think mig is the way to go.

Warren

we had a guy come to calabrate all of our welders where i work and he told us that the miller dynasty 300 is the best on the market for the money. it will be the last welder you will ever need. it can stick weld, TIG weld, and MIG weld. you just have to buy the leads to do it and it will.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

shookie

Quote from: warren on July 14, 2008, 05:27:58 PM
we had a guy come to calabrate all of our welders where i work and he told us that the miller dynasty 300 is the best on the market for the money. it will be the last welder you will ever need. it can stick weld, TIG weld, and MIG weld. you just have to buy the leads to do it and it will.
for 9k  :(
http://www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/dynasty_350/
There is a linweld not to far from me so i will go there and check it out
2008 Raptor 700r SE

UncleBeaner

what are you welding? if nothing too big a nice miller 130 would do great. its what i have at home and i love it
:beans:

shookie

Just some kart chassis just small stuff
2008 Raptor 700r SE

UncleBeaner

Quote from: shookie on July 14, 2008, 07:53:49 PM
Just some kart chassis just small stuff

thats all you need i believe its 1/4 one pas and its a 140 amp model sorry.....works outstanding.
:beans:

shookie

hey man its all good thanks for the help every one :clap:
2008 Raptor 700r SE

Bert

Quote from: shookie on July 14, 2008, 03:29:30 PM
Im looking at geting a welder this would be my first welder what do you guys think is the best one for the money. I like the millers but damn there to expensive.
A freind told me that Miller makes Hobart & sells them cheaper.
Can any one confirm this?

Warren

Quote from: shookie on July 14, 2008, 05:48:00 PM
Quote from: warren on July 14, 2008, 05:27:58 PM
for 9k  :(
http://www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/dynasty_350/
There is a linweld not to far from me so i will go there and check it out

huh well i guess they quick making the 300 series. well either way you could get a 200 and still be happy. but if all your welding up is kart frame work i would just get a cheaper MIG welder of somesort. lincoln makes badass MIG welders.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

I have good experience with Lincoln personally.

For ease of use, I think Wirefeed is the way to go. But stick welders are usually cheaper :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Jamie700R

A friend of mine just ordered a Clark mig welder from eastwood.com http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1287&itemType=PRODUCT
It came with everything needed to start welding.