Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: all show,no go..  (Read 4550 times)

Offline spdraycr

• Street Cred: 0
  • speed....i am speed
    • Email
Re: all show,no go..
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 10:34:33 AM »
ok,im gna have ur post open later when i go home to get crackin at this again.seems like its somthin little,but yet annoying,that is giving me the problem.it sucks but is kinda good because at the same time im learning as i go...yippee for me... :clap:
drive it like ya stole it..

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 11:25:28 AM »
open these posts. This one helped me back int RF days. great writeup!!!!!

complete carb how to with pics

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

clear tube float mod

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.0

and this jetting 101

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:27:34 AM by PeelsSE2 »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 11:44:07 AM »
All good reads  :thumbs:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »
All good reads  :thumbs:

the memories..... :lol:

that thread did not make me miss my 660 :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline spdraycr

• speed....i am speed
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 07:15:56 PM »
ok fellas,heres the latest.thanks to my buddy wayne who has his own race team,shop etc,i got some jets that seem to work for me at the moment.installed a 150 and 155 and after a little rubbing,petting and caressing,she turned over and started up for me.idled very high for a little bit,but then seemed to settle down a bit.all seems well and back to normal except my header pipe gets cherry red while at ldle.if i ride and get some wind flowing on it,it cools down (obviously,duh),but still glows.when i give it gas,it revs back up until im in gear and roll out alil.also had afew fire balls shoot out.im assuming this is all because now im running rich due to the extra amount of gas flowing.question is,how bad is this and how long before something horrible happens to me/bike?should i go down in jet size,do i need to go up in pilot size,do i adjust idle screw.....what do you guys/gals (where applicable) think?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 10:49:58 AM »
jets seem like they are in the right zone.  Check a/f screw. 2-3 turns out from fully in. Then, might need a bigger pilot. 25 instead of 22.5. Might need to adjust needles?

Is your airbox lid on?

Offline spdraycr

• speed....i am speed
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 12:31:08 PM »
ok cool.is a/f short for air fuel?which/where is that?how do i adjust the needles/where are those.please excuse all the questions,im trying to learn as i go...no im not running with a lid.cut the whole box off for you know....that custom look..lol.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 01:51:40 PM »
ok cool.is a/f short for air fuel?which/where is that?how do i adjust the needles/where are those.please excuse all the questions,im trying to learn as i go...no im not running with a lid.cut the whole box off for you know....that custom look..lol.

yes a/f is mixture.

read those links I posted.

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

the needle is what pops up to allow fuel and air into the carb. When it gets enough vaccum, it opens up more and more. Changing the position of the spring adjusts how much vacuum it takes to lift the needle up. Move clip down further on the needle=less tension on the spring allowing to move faster, higher = richer mixture (more fuel) MOve it up = leaner fuel, more tension. Read that thread, and look at pics very close. You will find out most of what you need to know. (might be backwards)  :lol:

Running without your airbox completely, I would think you need to adjust pilot size, and a/f idle screws.. COuld still be lean.

MD, Segkast...help a brutha. I am running out of info :lol: YOu guys still have your 660's  ;)

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
I think Peels is pretty much on point here, I don't have a lot to add :lol: Seriously though, read through those posts like they're a text book and you got mid-terms coming up. Pay attention and read them a  couple times if you need to. I know I have !

Unfortunately this is just gonna be a bitch until you get it right...was for all of us, and is whenever we change something again, and again... LMFAO

You know, I just had a thought... when I bought my CT pipe it came with some longer titanium needles as well. I'm still running those and haven't had a problem. ( This is just kind of a side thought, don't think it will help your issue much?) Do you guys know where you can buy just different needles ? Wonder if you can just order the needles themselves from CT ?
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2009, 02:14:50 PM »
How's your plug look ? Can you go out anywhere and ride it wide open in the condition it's in ?

Run it for a few minutes where it's at, check the plug.

If you can, run it wide open somewhere, shut it down and pull the plug as quick as you can (bring the tools).

Your mains and pilots control the flow at different points. I might have this backwards now, but I believe the mains control more of your 1/4-1/2 throttle, where the pilots are full throttle. This is why I suggest checking the plug after going wide open like that - will give you a more accurate idea of what's going on, where.

Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline spdraycr

• speed....i am speed
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2009, 02:20:01 PM »
cool.yea im gonna tinker with it today.at least i got it running again..with the help of everybody here of course ;) im gonna change the pilots and see what happens.maybe that will help get my header pipe back to normal color. honestly,i cant wait to get the new 700se so i dont have to worry about most of these problems..hehehe (evil genious laugh)...tt and flat track races this weekend and i just may go...another question-how do i do a standing burn out?i see the guys do it before they race on the clay and i know its to get the tires hot,but is there any trick to it or no?

Offline spdraycr

• speed....i am speed
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
the plug before this one turned white at the tip.was told that was because it was too lean.put a new one in and checked it after racing through the gears on my street last night and it looked ok.i run the ngk plugs.the bike doesnt bog down or miss or do anything out of the ordinary.just the header pipe has been cherry red when not riding (at idle)and it tends to idle high sometimes when im sitting still and mash the throttle.seems like i could be running alil rich..

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 02:35:12 PM »
I think Peels is pretty much on point here, I don't have a lot to add :lol: Seriously though, read through those posts like they're a text book and you got mid-terms coming up. Pay attention and read them a  couple times if you need to. I know I have !

Unfortunately this is just gonna be a bitch until you get it right...was for all of us, and is whenever we change something again, and again... LMFAO

You know, I just had a thought... when I bought my CT pipe it came with some longer titanium needles as well. I'm still running those and haven't had a problem. ( This is just kind of a side thought, don't think it will help your issue much?) Do you guys know where you can buy just different needles ? Wonder if you can just order the needles themselves from CT ?

Post of the day :lol:

And...I was right? holy biscuits :lol:  Hey, Pipes glowing red can happen. Don't remember my 660 doing it, the headers were caked with mud... :lol: Raptor 700 does it stock. Just happens. Worst case..you are a bit lean.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »

FIFTMFW

(Fuel Injection For The Mother F*ckin Win!)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2009, 02:42:43 PM »
Cherry headers and a white ass plug sounds lean to me. Is it a new pipe ? My CT glowed pretty hot when I popped it on, before I fucked w/the carbs, and then still did after jetting it for a little bit. It stopped after like the second ride though ?
Oury grips & Yamalube