Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 4th Annual Little Sahara Raptor Rally. Oct 5th-7th 2012  (Read 33458 times)

Offline HK 45 Nut

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: 4th Annual Little Sahara Raptor Rally. Oct 5th-7th 2012
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2012, 05:46:02 PM »
There will be 4 or 6 in our group.

How many trucks. We have put 2 trucks with 12 foot trailers and 2 trucks on one site. It was a dirt on up near the Oasis. I will be trying to get one of the new spots on the south end by the rangers office or shower hut.

If it's just 4 it'll be the same as last year, my Expedition and a 22' trailer.  If it's 6-8 it'll be my rig and trailer plus a pickup and 16' trailer.

I would do 2 sites with 6-8. I am going to have room on mine if you need it for someone. I am going to be grabing 2 I think since some of the guys I ride with are going to be there.
Support Our Troops...... Especially Our Snipers!!!! So reach out and touch someone.

Offline bighamster

• My Sponsor, lol
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2012, 06:37:52 AM »
I was hoping there was a plan for the sites already....will there be a discount like last year?

it would be nice to have one of the community buildings on the south side, but it may all be first come first serve since the state runs it and may not have good hookups for all you balla's.

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2012, 07:25:57 AM »
From my understanding the rally is going to be on the south side at the community building you are talking about. Yes it is first come first serve, but there are several members somewhat close to LS (including me) that will go early and set up tents to reserve them. ;)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »
From my understanding the rally is going to be on the south side at the community building you are talking about. Yes it is first come first serve, but there are several members somewhat close to LS (including me) that will go early and set up tents to reserve them. ;)

SWEET  :thumbs:

I like staying closer to the south entrance.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
Bust out the map and lay out the sites people so we can get things organized.  If you're moving everyone down to another area some of us are going to need more information.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »
Bust out the map and lay out the sites people so we can get things organized.  If you're moving everyone down to another area some of us are going to need more information.

public campgrounds... first come first served...also vice-versa as well. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Firemann32

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2012, 01:20:58 PM »
I'm trying to get with HK about reserving me a site, I'd be happy to ship a tent and cash to him or cammy to reserve a site or two since we won't be out there until Thursday afternoon.

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »
Bust out the map and lay out the sites people so we can get things organized.  If you're moving everyone down to another area some of us are going to need more information.

No reservations taken ahead of time?  Not looking forward to the "luck of the draw" on campsites after a 22 hour drive.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:51:38 PM by Mad Dog »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »
Bust out the map and lay out the sites people so we can get things organized.  If you're moving everyone down to another area some of us are going to need more information.

No reservations taken ahead of time?  Not looking forward to the "luck of the draw" on campsites after a 22 hour drive.

+1 Gettin the locals to pop on in and snag some spots....we'll have to rely on them.

Ive never had trouble...unless rolling in on friday.

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2012, 03:29:01 PM »
Don't worry guys if Gunz does have it down there we (locals) will get everyone what they want. ;)

Offline HK 45 Nut

• Email
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »
I'm trying to get with HK about reserving me a site, I'd be happy to ship a tent and cash to him or cammy to reserve a site or two since we won't be out there until Thursday afternoon.

I dont need your tent, I will just park my truck on it, NOT sleeping in it this time, I have a trailer
Support Our Troops...... Especially Our Snipers!!!! So reach out and touch someone.

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2012, 05:13:05 PM »
Don't worry guys if Gunz does have it down there we (locals) will get everyone what they want. ;)

I think gunz would like someone else to organize stuff this year. It gets very tasking, and he deserves to just show up and ride for once.

Offline als660r

• VIP
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »

I dont need your tent, I will just park my truck on it, NOT sleeping in it this time, I have a trailer

HK45  when are you planning on getting there?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2012, 05:10:20 AM »

I think gunz would like someone else to organize stuff this year. It gets very tasking, and he deserves to just show up and ride for once.

Pretty sure Thats what we all want to do. Nobody asking for much here, just some of us would like to know we had a place to stay after we drive upwards of 10-20 hrs... :) nothing more. And the hope that sites will be near each other, which I thought is the whole point, ride, hang out...etc....

Nobody asked Gunny to do as much as he did but we appreciate it immensely.... Really, I only got excited about it, because I THOUGHT he (and everyone else) was into it too, and seeing that he started the thread, I Figured again that I could get excited to go dunin... not feel guilty...come on, No big effort needed guys, just get me a campsite near everyone else. hell, Ill sleep in a truck I dont care.....

....all I really want to do is ride quads at the dunes with my buddies. This trip is a big deal to some of us....in fact, its my only riding trip this year... I only keep the quad because all my raptor buddies are excited about them too...but that's waning..

Sh*t happens.... :shrug:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:24:43 AM by PeelsSE2 »

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2012, 07:00:32 AM »
Well, I'll give some folks a call and see what I can get rolling ;)