Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 727 Bored vs 727 Stroked..?  (Read 8688 times)

Offline redraptor23

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 2
    • Email
Re: 727 Bored vs 727 Stroked..?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 12:22:47 AM »
I was goin to do a +6 barkers crank and was wondering if i could run it with my stock bore RE 14.1 piston without blowing head gaskets?
D7 STAGE 2 TURBO BUILD "DAMIEN"

Offline fireman5166

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 2
  • Yes its fast! No you can't ride it!
    • myspace
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 01:38:08 AM »
Racers edge isn't the only ones that have made 70 on stock bore/stroke. It can be done on pump gas with the right parts.

My bike for example. Stoke bore/6 mil stroke = 75hp and 58tq on 87 octane. Thank you and have a nice day. FREE rides at Little Sahara.

hey guns did u have rocket factory do your motor? how do u like the power? I guess I should ask u that after the arm heals. :nod:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Offline DL700

• Street Cred: 5
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 03:03:17 AM »
Racers edge isn't the only ones that have made 70 on stock bore/stroke. It can be done on pump gas with the right parts.

My bike for example. Stoke bore/6 mil stroke = 75hp and 58tq on 87 octane. Thank you and have a nice day. FREE rides at Little Sahara.

If i remember right  your bike on the dyno @ ls was 10+% down from the quoted hp ??? Hope u got those (if there were any) issues figured out. IMO stroke is good but doesnt create the power u would expect,,,,I hope i see a bike that will change my mind, for now its BORE first then stroke if/when crank problems arise, just not a huge fan of the +5 crank with short rod

there have been a lot of the top dogs selling off their bigger builds lately and going down in size
CUERVO RACING

Offline Jay@RacersEdge

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 10:26:54 AM »

No offense at all, I'm sure your bike runs great and I'm glad your happy with it, but we made those numbers on a stockbore 2 years ago :thumbs: In FSA our stockbore/stroke bike took a 888cc (I'm sure that's close, but may not be exact maybe 869) out in the big bore championship 8)

There is allot to say for these stockbores, these bikes and have meant there potential, the bigger cc motors haven't met there potential yet ::)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:32:49 AM by Jay@RacersEdge »

**Don't Be Scared**

CNC Heads

Engine Kits

Pistons

Cams

Drag parts

Please feel free to call or PM with any questions

Sales 602-740-4520

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 06:06:27 PM »
Just kidding :lol:  I did both at the same time so I couldn't say which is actually better.  I know the crank was way cheap and took a full day of labor, the big bore was twice the price and took less than an hour.  The good news is I always have plenty of beer in the garage fridge so that really makes the long labor projects easy to handle :thumbs:

Ok....I  was thinking something happened and was like WTH  ???

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
 And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 06:14:35 PM »
LOL, nope.  So far I can't complain, I haven't got smoked by any single cylinder 4 strokes on motor yet in my area.  There are 3 or 4 Rappy's that are making it very fun racing, we are all very close, and they are all as big or bigger builds than mine.  Hopefully John takes care of my lightwork for me with the head and throttle body upgrade :thumbs:  If not, I'm gonna bottle feed that bitch til she grenades :nod:

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 07:29:41 PM »
Right on, glad to hear it's running strong  :thumbs: Them 105mm bore +5 and +6mm stroke combos are pretty hard to beat IMHO, and they run right with the big builds when there well set up.....yours should really scream with a TB and CNC head upgrade  8)

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
 And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »
I'm just hoping for all gains and no losses at this point.  I know it runs way strong with the +1 cnc head and +2 tb, the bigger valves and big tb seem like they move the max numbers up quite a bit on the chart.  We will know soon :thumbs:

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »
I'm just hoping for all gains and no losses at this point.  I know it runs way strong with the +1 cnc head and +2 tb, the bigger valves and big tb seem like they move the max numbers up quite a bit on the chart.  We will know soon :thumbs:

You just do all the trial and error shit and I'll follow one step behind  :rofl:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »

If i remember right  your bike on the dyno @ ls was 10+% down from the quoted hp ??? Hope u got those (if there were any) issues figured out. IMO stroke is good but doesnt create the power u would expect,,,,I hope i see a bike that will change my mind, for now its BORE first then stroke if/when crank problems arise, just not a huge fan of the +5 crank with short rod

there have been a lot of the top dogs selling off their bigger builds lately and going down in size

Yep it was pulling like 68-69 with a wacked TPS. TPS is fixed and numbers hold true.  Everything is all good now. It pulls 79hp on that dyno now, but that dyno has a reputation of throwing high numbers. sooooooo I'll stick with the 75hp.  ......... FREE RIDES AT LITTLE SAHARA!!!!

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 08:56:04 PM »

hey guns did u have rocket factory do your motor? how do u like the power? I guess I should ask u that after the arm heals. :nod:

I'm happy with it. Several guys on here (RS) have rode it and I'm sure they will vouch for it. It was built for trails though, not sand, but what the hell. 8)

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 09:15:55 PM »

No offense at all, I'm sure your bike runs great and I'm glad your happy with it, but we made those numbers on a stockbore 2 years ago :thumbs: In FSA our stockbore/stroke bike took a 888cc (I'm sure that's close, but may not be exact maybe 869) out in the big bore championship 8)

There is allot to say for these stockbores, these bikes and have meant there potential, the bigger cc motors haven't met there potential yet ::)

I'm not offended at all. I'm honored that a race engine builder targets little O' me on how his bike put down numbers like mine 2 years ago. I'm just a fat kid that plays in the dirt, not a racer at all by no means. Hell I cant even roll over a dune with out breaking my arm, it's a fact. Now if I were a racer and race engine builder then I'm sure I would be church'n up how the "my bike is better then your bike" thing, but I'm not. I'm just another potential customer that rides with the work buddies on the weekend, that doesn't mind sharing my experienced opinion between big bore and stroker.

Wait are we talking about bikes in the 727 range or are we talking about full blown race bikes? Because if we are talking about Big Bore 800+'s that can put out more then my measly little 735 then well shit. Also in the above statement....

but we made those numbers on a stockbore 2 years ago

Was that on a 727 big bore on pump? If so, then what the hell? Why didn't you let us in on it back then.... CRIPES. :'(

Oh and no offense to you, but us the average atv enthusiast look to you guys.. Racers Edge, Barker, TRF, KDS, and so on to keep us rolling. No need to shit on our parade and bikes when we build them from what you tell us is better. By the way I wanted a 70+hp bike on pump Solely due to YOU Racers Edge
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:37:59 PM by 4gunz4x4z »

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 09:20:31 PM »
Right on, glad to hear it's running strong  :thumbs: Them 105mm bore +5 and +6mm stroke combos are pretty hard to beat IMHO, and they run right with the big builds when there well set up.....yours should really scream with a TB and CNC head upgrade  8)

I think that setup 105/5 or 6 would really be a nice combo. My next project is a 105 jug or bottle. Keep getting my ass spanked by a 800 with 50 shot NOS. :(

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 09:32:50 PM »
well i just spent some seat time on my bike today, the thing is super powerful.  i have no idea what somebody elses stroker build feels like but when i shift from 4th to 5th with bald stock tires on and the front end is coming off of the ground and i have to let off the throttle in fear of rolling it, it is enough for me.  heck i dont even have a dyno tune done yet.  i have to say after this build that i am a firm believer in a stroker/stock bore pump gas build.  what ever way you decide to go, whether it be stroker or big bore, its gonna be a ton more power.  i just got the crank out of the way because it was the hardest thing to do.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »

I'm not offended at all. I'm honored that a race engine builder targets little O' me on how his bike put down numbers like mine 2 years ago. I'm just a fat kid that plays in the dirt, not a racer at all by no means. Hell I cant even roll over a dune with out breaking my arm, it's a fact. Now if I were a racer and race engine builder then I'm sure I would be church'n up how the "my bike is better then your bike" thing, but I'm not. I'm just another potential customer that rides with the work buddies on the weekend, that doesn't mind sharing my experienced opinion between big bore and stroker.

Wait are we talking about bikes in the 727 range or are we talking about full blown race bikes? Because if we are talking about Big Bore 800+'s that can put out more then my measly little 735 then well shit. Also in the above statement....

but we made those numbers on a stockbore 2 years ago

Was that on a 727 big bore on pump? If so, then what the hell? Why didn't you let us in on it back then.... CRIPES. :'(

Oh and no offense to you, but us the average atv enthusiast look to you guys.. Racers Edge, Barker, TRF, KDS, and so on to keep us rolling. No need to shit on our parade and bikes when we build them from what you tell us is better. By the way I wanted a 70+hp bike on pump Solely due to YOU Racers Edge

Ok, maybe I did get a little offended... :rofl: CRIPES.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:37:31 PM by 4gunz4x4z »

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar