Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
Re: Crank
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »
If you have to add a 1/2" spacer to the cylinder then how does the motor still fit in the frame. Do you have to mod the top motor mounts or what?

I have no clue.  I'm still learning about these builds. 

Powder coater can tell us...he's got the 12mm long rod. Oh Paul....

He spent all that money just to chase you down. 

:lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline SUB454

• The Punisher
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 2
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 11:04:26 AM »
If you have to add a 1/2" spacer to the cylinder then how does the motor still fit in the frame. Do you have to mod the top motor mounts or what?

I have no clue.  I'm still learning about these builds. 

Powder coater can tell us...he's got the 12mm long rod. Oh Paul....

He spent all that money just to chase you down. 

Yes, he did. He got the best of me at Sandfest. It should have been me and him in the final, but I launched in the WRONG gear on the first race and "red-lighted" in the 2nd. 2 strike's and my day was over. :'( His bike hauls AZZ.
DIRECTDRIVE

Offline powder coater

• TRF Rider of the Year
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 11:06:32 AM »
Subs quad rarely leaves the barn. Yes the top motor mount needs to be re drilled but there is still plenty of room. I also think ver a period of time these will last longer before cylinder wall distortion becomes a problem. As far as reliability the current 8mm stroke motors have been very reliable. Its to soon to say how long they will run. The long rod give you more options for running down the Kenz 797.
Jason for Presedent !

Offline SUB454

• The Punisher
  • VIP
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 11:10:23 AM »
Subs quad rarely leaves the barn. Yes the top motor mount needs to be re drilled but there is still plenty of room. I also think ver a period of time these will last longer before cylinder wall distortion becomes a problem. As far as reliability the current 8mm stroke motors have been very reliable. Its to soon to say how long they will run. The long rod give you more options for running down the Kenz 797.

Stay tuned peep's....we'll be doing some 300ft racing next month. THEN, I'm burning the flag that Paul has on his bike. :clap:
DIRECTDRIVE

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 11:12:18 AM »

Stay tuned peep's....we'll be doing some 300ft racing next month. THEN, I'm burning the flag that Paul has on his bike. :clap:

What does the flag say?  "kenzboy's butts drive me nuts"?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline SUB454

• The Punisher
  • VIP
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 11:16:23 AM »

I'm sure Paul would be proud to post a picture of it....he has no shame. I went to dinner at his place last weekend. As soon as I walked in the front door, I saw his 2 trophys from Sandfest. Those RF boys love to rub it in :lol:
DIRECTDRIVE

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »

I'm sure Paul would be proud to post a picture of it....he has no shame. I went to dinner at his place last weekend. As soon as I walked in the front door, I saw his 2 trophys from Sandfest. Those RF boys love to rub it in :lol:

If we could just get a certain kenz boy to learn how to start.

Where is mister learn to launch (aka Grant) to tell us how its done. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline SUB454

• The Punisher
  • VIP
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 11:23:06 AM »

If we could just get a certain kenz boy to learn how to start.

Where is mister learn to launch (aka Grant) to tell us how its done. 

He still has to learn to hold the throttle WIDE OPEN, THEN let the clutch out. It's such a rush to have it bouncing off the rev limiter and let the clutch go...I'm hooked.
DIRECTDRIVE

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 11:38:12 AM »
That must be quite the rush.  I still have to look into my next build.  I don't plan on turning this into a "hill only" bike.  But I have the power hungry bug.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline powder coater

• TRF Rider of the Year
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 12:41:44 PM »
Here you go.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jason for Presedent !

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 12:53:10 PM »
Here you go.

So how much did it cost to make him your bitch?

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

RaptorRandy

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »
Its to soon to say how long they will run. The long rod give you more options for running down the Kenz 797.

Shit....you still need to run down the old man on the wore out lil 780 with your ass onboard your own bike, before you start after the 797's  ;) :lol: :grin_nod:

:poke: :satan:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 01:01:27 PM »
Its to soon to say how long they will run. The long rod give you more options for running down the Kenz 797.

Shit....you still need to run down the old man on the wore out lil 780 with your ass onboard your own bike, before you start after the 797's  ;) :lol: :grin_nod:

damn old man is a light weight now.  I think I'll send you a few chicago style pizzas before I line up against you.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

RaptorRandy

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 01:06:34 PM »

damn old man is a light weight now.  I think I'll send you a few chicago style pizzas before I line up against you.