Just having fun

Started by Dales396LT4, June 29, 2008, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dales396LT4

Well I ported My Raptors head and here it is, So what do you all think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Peelz

very shiny.  :clap: what sort of time do you have in that?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Looks awesome.

BUT..

I think you may want to scuff it a bit more. With having it smooth, gas will have a tendancy to puddle up on shiny. Don't quote me on that. But, I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be mirror'd. MAybe kenny could chime in.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on June 29, 2008, 12:30:41 PM
Looks awesome.

BUT..

I think you may want to scuff it a bit more. With having it smooth, gas will have a tendancy to puddle up on shiny. Don't quote me on that. But, I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be mirror'd. MAybe kenny could chime in.

never heard that one..... i know nothing about motor mods, though :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

preddy08

On the intake you should have some texture to it. That is why golfballs are'nt smooth. On the exhaust side you can have it fully polished.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Kenny

GOOD GERD MAN! That is a shiny port! It looks like you have done a good job around the bowls and seats. I would put a little texture to it....but hell....I've never seen one that shiny, so I've damn sure never tested one :lol:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on June 29, 2008, 03:36:32 PM
On the intake you should have some texture to it. That is why golfballs are'nt smooth. On the exhaust side you can have it fully polished.

makes sense. I remember seeing the dimples on the passenger jets too, smooths out turbulence.

Dales396LT4

Like I said I did it just for fun, as for the time 3 or 4hrs on the int side. Before it go's back on I will run 220 through it, but on the ex side I think I will make it shine 8) [img][img]Oh Kenny both of the ex valve guides were cracked.

Kenny

I see busted exhaust guides all the time 8)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Dales396LT4

The cracks are very small I am loking at cutting down so that it is not in th port.. Can I do that? or just buy new ones and cut them down...

Flynbyu

Wow.

Lots of time on a Dremel tool!

If it wasn't such a pain to tear down and get going again, it would be a good theory to test on pros and cons of smooth ports/slight textured port.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Dales396LT4

I have done many LT1,LT4,LS1,6,L98 heads but This is my frist 4 valve bike head... A Dremel?, I did not use A Dremel my cutters and roll locks are just to big oh and it's just to fast ...      As for the shine I like 220 grit for the last pass..