Avast says a Threat Has Been Detected

Started by Diggs59, July 10, 2011, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggs59

Quote from: Krandall on July 11, 2011, 06:46:12 PM
for kicks, could you try clearing cookies/cache?

I have tried that numerous times Krandall.  FWIW, it just did it again.  Oh well, no worries, just thought I'd inform you.  I'm just wondering if anyone else who uses Avast is getting the same thing as I am? :confused:

Magz

This is what the warning i get when i log on to RS,  :rolleyes:

if only it wouldnt block it. :lol:

preddy08

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Krandall

I'll try on my other computer (install Avast) and see if I get it.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Magz

Quote from: Krandall on July 12, 2011, 04:36:47 PM
I'll try on my other computer (install Avast) and see if I get it.

the assrape? :confused: ???
ooo you'll get it!

(i know i know im no help :lol: )

Mad Dog

You're not a liar diggs, it's just that your computer is dumber than a tightly wound coil of dog shit.

Peelz

why would you set your comp to block assrape magz? WHen we all know you regularly are searching for assrape. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Diggs59

Quote from: Mad Dog on July 12, 2011, 08:43:23 PM
You're not a liar diggs, it's just that your computer is dumber than a tightly wound coil of dog shit.

:lol:  MD, you think it could be a banner setting it off?  It did this a few times on Rivals.com (College Football Site) last year.  Once the ads changed it suddenly stopped. 

Mad Dog

i-frames often hold ads or java applets/scripts/etc, the rivals site uses a couple of them and sounds like Randy's using one for the chatbox.  The concern the AV has is that the iframe is allowing undesirable java to load under the guise of the website in question.  In this case it's a known device, the shout box.  In the case of the rivals site, well I just checked and they've got about a half a dozen iframes in there holding the yahoo ad services (banners) and the link menus on top and along the side of the page.  Neither is a real threat in this instance but the concern of a java script running through the iframe is great enough that it errors on the side of caution.

Diggs59

phucker

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on July 13, 2011, 06:46:28 AM
why would you set your comp to block assrape magz? WHen we all know you regularly are searching for assrape. :lol:

peels you know from experience, you cant rape the willing

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once