Help me out with this guy trying to buy my raptor...

Started by Livingmylife93, June 24, 2008, 12:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

this guy is making me kinda nervous about if he is real or not.. these are our conversations so far, ill post more as we talk... Real or fake or just trying to get my info or what?

Read from top to bottom

Him-I'm interested in the 2005 Raptor 350 Special Edition Very Modded listed on MonkeyAds.com.  Please email me at your earliest convenience. Thank You

Me-
Ok, i would like to sell it ASAP.

What would you like to know?

Him-hello..how are u doing?well i will like to know the present condition..of the item,more pics..and ur last asking price..looking forward to hear from u soon..is nice doing buiessness with u.........

Me-
It is in very good condition. The 4 pictures i put on the site are the only ones i have right now. Would you still like me to take more? My price is $3500 firm. if you reply i will go take some more pictures for you.

Where are you located?

Me-I am located in shenandoah jct. West Virginia.
I dont mean to be a jerk but if there is some way you could prove to me that your not a frauder that would be great lol.
Here are some pictures.

Him-hello how are u doing?well what way do u want me to prove to u that am not a fraud...why must u think such to me..is it because i wanna purchase ur good..well am a man of integrity..so i am not here for fraud okay..just get back to me asap..

Him-how are u doing?what do u mean by that..i never expect that from u..cos a man of my personality...will never induldge myself in any kind of fraud or something..okay..so get back to me with..the present condition and ur last asking price..

Him-hello..well i am not here for child play..okay..how can i prove to u that am not here for fraud...well thanks for the pics...i now see what i really wanna buy..u can get back to me..with the last asking price..

Me-
Ok, sorry about all that, my last asking price is $3500. And it is in great condition.
Would you like to come by and take a look at it?

Him-hi..is really good to hear from you..well i am okay with the price..though is a bit hugh..but never mind..well i will be making payment as soon as possible..cos my mode of payment will be by check..so i will like to know the following..

home adress.

phone number

so the check will be filled with the folowing..

Me-I am only accepting cash for the payment, and it has to be all at once, not over a span of time.  Lets pick a day for you to come by and look at it and then we can go from there. But i am only taking cash, no checks, and the price is paid in full in one day.

who else but rk

jus tell him to come to ur house and look at it  :confused: how can there be a scam if he has to physicly get it
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Livingmylife93

thats what im trying to get him to do but i dont want to give out my info and shit if he isnt even going to come or isnt interested

who else but rk

give him your phone number and get his and call him
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Jester2893

I have gotten emails like that were scams and some that weren't dude. Do not accept a check, make sure you don't bring him to your house, meet somewhere.

I do suggest craigslist rather monkey ads though. Put it on craigslist, it will eventually sell. I sold mine for 2400 on there.

Good Luck with 3500.  :P
=[

Livingmylife93

Its on craigslist... I have it on like 10 differant sites  :clap: :clap:

Peelz

If that is him typing that, run.....I hate when idiots don't know their grammar, then try to b.s. their way into a deal.  If you typed all that up yourself :help:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Based on the typing I think it's RK or Raptorboy messin with ya :lol:

Yeah, I say give him your # and tell him to come look at it. Cash only man. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Jester2893

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on June 24, 2008, 01:07:45 PM
Its on craigslist... I have it on like 10 differant sites  :clap: :clap:

Lower the price grasshopper and it will sell. If kyle couldn't get even 3k then.... I am not trying to be an ass but I know you want to sell it quick, so you have to make people want to buy it.
=[

Livingmylife93

1raptor

as far as the tying and grammer he may be from out of the country but still be legit but he could also be a scammer like stated above I have also gotten emails from someone that was legit but just didnt speak or type very good english and on the flipside I seem to get the samy shitty grammer from scammers. I would email my phone # to him or ask him for his # and make it clear again that no checks will be accepted and it is pickup only and I bet you never hear from him again.
will the new 2010 camaro ever get here??

socalrappy700

I say scam.  But just tell him you wont ship it and he has to pick it up with cash ONLY.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

pj4553

That is 100% a scam. Key words are "item" , "good" and he sounds like a moron. Ask to talk to him on the phone. I bet he won't call you.

Trust me.. Ive sold a million things online and every high ticket item gets a few hits from scammers.

exentix

hes more than likely a foreigner lol... his english is gonna sound funny cas the stuff wont translate into the things were used to hearing but that doesnt mean it isnt a scam... just like everybody else says, try and talk to him in person and all that good stuff  :thumbs:

dick-84

If he says he can pay by check he must have the money in the bank. So tell him to come with cash in hand! If he dont like that then it is a scam. So cover your ass and dont let him brake the seal.  :lol: