Sprockets

Started by Johny_Ringo, March 26, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johny_Ringo

So i was lookin at sprockets and was curious what the big torque raptor owners think about the difference between renthal $54.99 and primary drive $19.99 sprockets anyone use primary drive all there reviews were goos i know there heavy but this fat kid dont care about weight. Also what size sprockets are you guys running i feel theres  to much power in 1st and its short and was thinkin of switching
2006 raptor 700
Pro design intake
PC5
DMC force 4 ceramic coated black headers
Tusk nerf bars
Victory bumper
HID lights

Peelz

IMO primary drive sprockets are just fine. Never had a problem. worst one laster two years of hard riding.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

I've always run the cheapo ones up front and the better ones in the rear, Just wanted a cooler looking one in the back :lol:

I always tried to replace my sprockets/chain once a year. So... didn't make sense to drop the big bucks anywho.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Johny_Ringo

Right on thanks for the info
2006 raptor 700
Pro design intake
PC5
DMC force 4 ceramic coated black headers
Tusk nerf bars
Victory bumper
HID lights

Bert

cheap sprockets & cheap chain for me. replace the chain  regularily & keep an eye on the sprockets for wear. they work fine, the cheap ones.
36 rear is nice, gives your swinger skid more clearance

XC_Raptor700R

I have used the Primary Drive and had good luck with rears, but had to change fronts about 3 - 4 rides. I put on a set of JT middle of last year, and with several rides on them now, they still aren't showing any sign of needing changed. I use a RK X-ring chain.
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

Dales396LT4

I run primary drive $19.99 sprockets  (36) and it dose very well, I am on 2nd one this yr. the frist one lasted over 120hrs