raptor 1200?!!

Started by jonny_b, March 20, 2011, 12:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny_b

anyone see the article in the april issue of atv action about the raptor winning the dakkar rally? they said that yamaha is making a special edition super tenere edition raptor with the 1200cc inline twin cylinder from the super tenere motorcycle they use for that type of racing. i think its an april fools thing since its the april issue, but that would be SWEET!!!  :thumbs:

Bert

More likely they would release a 800cc parallel twin Raptor

MORAPTOR700

Yep seen that would be sweet!
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

Diggs59

Quote from: jonny_b on March 20, 2011, 12:28:15 PM
anyone see the article in the april issue of atv action about the raptor winning the dakkar rally? they said that yamaha is making a special edition super tenere edition raptor with the 1200cc inline twin cylinder from the super tenere motorcycle they use for that type of racing. i think its an april fools thing since its the april issue, but that would be SWEET!!!  :thumbs:

Definitely April Fools.....I'd like to see a 900 Twin myself.  :nod:

Peelz

every year the april issue they do it.... come on guys! :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Damn, I can't wait to see it!!!!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

jonny_b

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 20, 2011, 04:11:14 PM
every year the april issue they do it.... come on guys! :lol:

:lol: yes they do! atv action, and big sister dirt wheels like to mess with us. those bastards!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :lol:

i just thought it would be cool. and yet another dream that shall never be fulfilled like kim kardashian covered in whipped cream on my dinner table, or that money tree that everyone says doesn't exist.  :(

dragonz

there was a raptor with an Aprilia RSV1000 motor for sale a while ago in NZ.
Now that would have been  a serious bit of kit!
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Peelz

hell yeah Phillis!

I was looking at Yamaha website on specs of that super tenere dual purpose bike. Parallel 1200 twin....lightweight. That engine would seriously be great in a quad.....

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/651/0/specs.aspx

shaft drive though.... ???

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"