would anyone be interested if i start making grab bars again???

Started by Warren, February 20, 2011, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

ok well there's obviously no interest in the normal grab bars just the custom stuff. lol so yesterday i got some numbers of some machine shops around here. i'll check them out and get back with you  guys.

i will say this i will need to make a jig for the front bumpers and that probably going to take my some time because i don't have a raptor anymore to build off of. does anyone know of anyone close to me in illinois? i live about 30 min. north of champaign IL. i'll also need a front bumper and alot of help from you guys with my questions of how it fits. i think it's doable as long as the machine shop doesn't rape me to bad on price, and i can get a jig made up.

the only other thing is that i will need some kind of liability contract between me and the buyer. i'm thinking just a spoken or typed agreement on here saying i will not be held liable if any injury happens in a accident or other wise from the bumpers or grabbars. simply because the points on them.

are you guys still interested? let me know.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Warren

OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Uhhhhhh, I forget. somewhere north/west of chi-town. like 45 mins.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

im about to list my left nut on ebay, get this project rolling warren, want the grab and the bumper  :thumbs:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Warren

i havn't found a machinist yet but i'm working on it. something i need though....

i need a stock front bumper and some really good pics of the front of the raptor. i need a shot from about eye level with the head lights. and i need a shot from the side of the front end(that shows the bumper and the front plastic, if that makes sense ??? ) i'm trying to figure out the angle i will need for it to look right.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

Anyone around you that has a raptor maybe?

May be easier for fitment/testing if you have a rappy there.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Warren

only one i know of is a 660.  :( i'm thinking about maybe going to the dealership and asking them if i could test fit and stuff. but i will still need a front bumper to build my jig off of.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

preddy08

Quote from: warren on March 07, 2011, 03:21:12 PM
only one i know of is a 660.  :( i'm thinking about maybe going to the dealership and asking them if i could test fit and stuff. but i will still need a front bumper to build my jig off of.

I've got a old shitty bumper you can have if you like, but it is tweeked and might not be the best thing to make a jig off of.

I'll head to the garage ASAP and get you some pictures.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

preddy08

Any chance of getting a grab bar like this. My old Predator had something like that and found it made lifting SOOOO much easier!

https://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=Store_Grab_Bars_2010.htm

If you need more pictures let me know.

Warren

yeah preddy i can do a drop grab bar. that's how my first one was on my rappy. it only dropped about 2 inches not 4 like the ones in that link but 4 could still be do able. and do you have your factory bumper anymore? if so i could just borrow that and build from it.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

THIS ASS FOR RENT

Hi Warren, I have my factory plastic bumper that I would be willing to donate to the cause.
Let me know.
Jeff

preddy08

Mine is so mangled I dont think you'd want to make a jig off of it.