dyno in western pa?

Started by jonny_b, February 15, 2011, 01:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny_b

is there any dyno's around pittsburgh? with all the racing dirtbikes and quads running fi, then they should be poppin up everywhere. the 3 i called from dynojets paperwork are all out of business. just want to be able to tune my rap for the best performance for my bike, not get close from someone elses optimal tune.

Krandall

I found that dynojet's website is pretty outdated, I found my luck google searching.. I'd look into shops that do harleys and other street bikes, they all run Power commanders also,  and they typically have a dual drum setup, just have one capped off. (since motorcycles only need one)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

jonny_b

ok well what are some signs that the shop actually knows what they are doing? i have heard how some shops will do like 15 runs and not get it right, either because they want to charge you more when you come back, or they are clueless. i am always skeptical because of horror stories i hear from others.

1badazz_700r

www.mainjettech.com in scranton,pa. they have a dyno that works on bikes and quads. ive had mine there like 3 years ago. but come to find out the rappys need less dyno brake than what he was running,i overheated the dyno 2 times and shredded a new pain of gncc holeshots. but also note that every quad there either being worked on or ridden were banshees :nod:he charged me like $150.00 and i was there for 8 hours.

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

jonny_b

well since it like 5 hrs away, i may hold off on them. i found one thats an hr and a half away, hetrick racing in oil city, pa. the want like 85 for 1 run and 199 for 3 runs.  :( kinda sucks that there isn't a place that will charge you $XXX and do it till its right. but i've heard that they are great people to work with and i may be able to get an extra run or 2 if its close. idk but it can't be any worse than a generic map, i hope. and atleast i'll have something to work off of and may be able to fine tune it myself.  :lol:

Bert

would it work to tune it yourself with the software if you had a wideband a/f guage?

jonny_b

Quote from: Bert on March 02, 2011, 12:59:38 PM
would it work to tune it yourself with the software if you had a wideband a/f guage?

why yes. yes it would. :lol: i have seen a few people who have done that, and it was suggested to me also. i really just want a close map and to see what my #'s are. plus those afr things are like $300+ i think. although it would come in handy down the road too. i could charge people for tunes. :lol:

Bert

Quote from: jonny_b on March 02, 2011, 10:33:19 PM
Quote from: Bert on March 02, 2011, 12:59:38 PM

why yes. yes it would. :lol: i have seen a few people who have done that, and it was suggested to me also. i really just want a close map and to see what my #'s are. plus those afr things are like $300+ i think. although it would come in handy down the road too. i could charge people for tunes. :lol:
Yeah the guages seem pricey to me as well but its a tool not a quad part so once your map is set the guage can come off & go in the tool box until its needed again whether its a quad or car project. That's how I've been thinking about it anyways. Here's a link to a guage from the MegaSquirt guys a DIYautotune & 1 from AEM

Link
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/innovate-standalone-gauge-kit-lc1-blue-db-gauge-3795-p-153.html

AEM Performance Electronics
http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideband-air-fuel-systems-15/digital-wideband-air-fuel-gauge-25/

My question is about data logging with the the PCIII? Can it be done without any add ons?