Shipping

Started by Livingmylife93, January 05, 2011, 08:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

for all of you guys that use ebay, what is the easiest way to decide how much to charge somebody for shipping before you know where they live?

Say i wanted to sell a pair of shocks, how would i get a price for shipping before i got a buyer?

I used UPS for a quote online, shipped from me to Cali, which is as far away as possible. But that just seems higher than i'm used to seeing on Ebay for shipping.  ???

Peelz

there are shipping estimators out there. Or box it up, run it somewhere that does shipping and get a full estimate.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Troy31

Check if they will fit in a USPS flat rate box first, that's the easiest way. If not box em up and use an online shipping calculator and add a couple bucks to that since they aren't always accurate.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 KTM 505SX- trail/duner/back up racer
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster

Mad Dog

Experience, plus 5-10 bucks because my experience is always that it costs more than you think ;)

Because of that I typically set a flat rate that I think will cover the shipping, plus 5 dollars or 20% of the shipping cost, whichever is higher.

funyun

If your selling it on ebay, calculate what it costs to ship as far as possible to cover your ass incase it happens to go there. Then use that as the shipping cost. If someone is closer and its cheaper, O well thats ebay for you and you just get a little extra $ to pay off those ridiculous fees you'll get charged at the end of the auction.

disco

For UPS:  UPS bills in zones right?  1 - 6 so post up the shipping zipcode and show the cost for each zone.  Cost goes up from 1 to 6 depending on how far it is.  Quick google search of a zone map, these folks are in Washington state.

Find a map of your area or go to the UPS website and find one.  Fedex might have the same thing.  USPS I have no idea.  Then you can say zone 1 - $xx.xx and 1 day, etc.  Let them figure out what zone they are in.  They'll know at a glance how much and how long.  Show all 6 costs and tell them whichever is their zone gets added to their bid.  Never actually done ebay but I assume it's doable.

mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Segkast

Quote from: Mad Dog on January 06, 2011, 06:01:42 AM
Experience, plus 5-10 bucks because my experience is always that it costs more than you think ;)

Because of that I typically set a flat rate that I think will cover the shipping, plus 5 dollars or 20% of the shipping cost, whichever is higher.

That's pretty much what I do :thumbs:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Livingmylife93